Greetings, all. I am finally considering purchasing a yoke, throttle, and pedal package and would like some of your thoughts. I have been reading a bit here and there, and CH and Saitek both seem to have quite a few positive remarks about their products. I am leaning towards the Saitek, only because it seems to have a less "plastic" appearance in pics. The Saitek throttle also looks nice, however I don't like the way the Saitek pedals look. If the Star Trek Enterprise had rudders, those pedals would command them. :( And you might think this is silly, but my main concern is how these mount on a desk. I have not been able to see any clear pics about how these are secured. I have a rather nice computer desk that has a glass top. The bottom of the glass is painted black and has a really nice look to go with the wood. If there is a screw or something that needs to clasp the bottom of the desk, I believe it would likely chip the paint and create a noticeable flaw. Surely some folks out there are in this situation. I am wondering if the yoke and throttle clasps are padded or if there is something else that can be used to protect the desk?Thanks for your time reading and I am all ears as to what you folks recommend for me.Scott

Speaking for the Saitek yoke. Looks good, works good, easy to set up. I don't use the software.Both the yoke and throttle have a simple twist screw that easily allows a solid connection tightened up directly under the desktop.

Speaking for the Saitek yoke. Looks good, works good, easy to set up. I don't use the software.Both the yoke and throttle have a simple twist screw that easily allows a solid connection tightened up directly under the desktop.
Thanks for the information. I will probably have to get creative with how I mount this. I may have to use my keyboard drawer since I have no "ledge" on my desk. The glass on top is almost flush with the wood. Doesn't look like any of the user pics I see where people have the yoke and throttle secured in place at the edge of their desktop. Are there any screw holes on the bottom of the yoke where I could perhaps install some suction cups? Sounds silly, but that would really be ideal with the glass top I have....Also, I recently read some remarks about the Saitek yoke having some "click" feeling returning to center. A few people noted that the CH yoke was more fluid in this aspect. I would also like to hear some from folks that use the CH devices. I think the Saitek looks better, but I am not going to purchase on looks alone.Thanks,Scott

I have viewed a couple of videos at Youtube and the yoke seemed slow. But maybe that's they way they like it. Is the yoke sensitive? Is the sensitivity adjustable? Thanks.

I have viewed a couple of videos at Youtube and the yoke seemed slow. But maybe that's they way they like it. Is the yoke sensitive? Is the sensitivity adjustable? Thanks.
Hello McCrash,I own the Saitek Pro Yoke and the response is immediate. Sensitivity adjustments would be made via FSX or FSUIPC. FSUIPC allows much more flexibilty when adjusting axis sensitivity.

I have a CH Eclipse. It is amazing, very smooth movement. I fly MD-11 so I can use the three levers on top of the yoke to control the three engines. Also it has a built in rudder until I can afford a rudder pedal.I can recommend it to anyone.