Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteveHookEm

Using GoFlight MCP-Pro with 747

Guest SteveHookEm

I have the GoFlight MCP-Pro. According to them, the new GF-Config should work with the PMDG 747 in FSX when using the pulldown "compatible add-on".I cannot get my MCP to work and the PMDG 747 is my favorite plane to fly.Can anyone help me get it working?Thanks,Steve

I have the GoFlight MCP-Pro. According to them, the new GF-Config should work with the PMDG 747 in FSX when using the pulldown "compatible add-on".I cannot get my MCP to work and the PMDG 747 is my favorite plane to fly.Can anyone help me get it working?Thanks,Steve
Never has worked in the past. However FlightSim Labs do an interface for it that works extremely well. http://www.flightsimlabs.com/

Never has worked in the past. However FlightSim Labs do an interface for it that works extremely well. http://www.flightsimlabs.com/
I also have the GoFlight MCP Pro and I'm using the driver supplied by FlightSim labs labs and it works like a champ!To avoid any issues, I also updated my MCP Pro to the latest firmware version, which is 22.http://www.flightsimlabs.com/Interfaces/Go...tMCPProFSX.aspxBTW - this same driver also supports the GoFlight EFIS, which I recently purchased. I must say I'm quite happy with both modules as it makes flying the FSX 747-400 much easier.Bingo

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Guest SteveHookEm
To avoid any issues, I also updated my MCP Pro to the latest firmware version, which is 22.
How do you update the firmware on the MCP-Pro? I called Mitch about this and he just directed me to use the lateset 1.81 software. This isn't the firmware, right? Where do I get it and how do I check what I currently have?Another question: the driver is working but it does not show my speed, altitude, and landing info (Land2, Land3, Rollout/Flare, etc) on my glass panels. I use Ellie Avionics for the glass. Any thoughts on this? The labels do show up correctly inside the 3D and 2D cockpits. Just not out on my cockpit where I want them!Steve

Steve,Call GoFlight an make sure they understand what you are asking for.You will probably have to send your unit in to be flashed!Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Guest SteveHookEm

My firmware is A18. John is sending me an updater.

Guest SteveHookEm

Uh oh, I updated to A22. I see all the lights and it runs the self-test when I boot Windows. However, the MCP doesn't show up at all in GF-Config and is completely dark with no lights.Any thoughts?

Uh oh, I updated to A22. I see all the lights and it runs the self-test when I boot Windows. However, the MCP doesn't show up at all in GF-Config and is completely dark with no lights.Any thoughts?
Steve,You may want to try the following:1) Shut down your PC completely, unplug the MCPPro, then restart. Once PC is up running again, then plug-in the MCPPro2) Uninstall and reinstall the GoFlight S/W3) When you flash the unit, I recommend that when you complete the flashing process and un-plug the MCPPro, be sure and shut down the Microchip tool that did the flashing before plugging in the MCP Pro to complete the process. I initially had problems with my unit the first time because I didn't do that, but I reflashed it on another PC and didn't plug it in until shutting down this app. Flashing can be kind of tricky. I discovered you can't seem to reflash again on the same PC (there is probably a way around this). On my 2nd PC, I use the Ghost tool which allows me to restore the OS image easily. This tool allows me to easily test S/W and not have to worry about uninstalling S/W I find I don't like, or have problems with, as I can restore the original image and try again.Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2