Sign in to follow this  
N820RS

MD-11 Airspeed font.

Hi all, Long time fan of PMDG, and dedicated customer. Been flying PMDG for about 4 years now, superb products, and have never once had a problem; until now. Not a big problem and I'm sure it can be fixed easily, and I have looked on the forums but could not find anything. Anyway to my post, the altitude font is a little funky and I was just curious how I could fix this. It happened once I installed the 1.2 update.

I'm just guessing, could this be caused by having the European separator "." instead of ",", worth a try.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm just guessing, could this be caused by having the European separator "." instead of ",", worth a try.
I'm also having this problem. I aready had all service packs installed and working fine. Then I updated the video driver and rebuilt the FSX config and it appeared.Dan, I'm not sure what you are refering too?system specs, E8600, Nvidia GTX285, latest drivers-182.5, win xp 32bit, FSX+ Accel

The OS (XP or Vista) allows a choice between using a comma or decimal for thousands separator. I know if European convention is selected it can cause problems with navdata but I'm just guessing if it affects the speedtape font. Too bad Ryan Stowers never reported back what fixed his problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

The OS (XP or Vista) allows a choice between using a comma or decimal for thousands separator. I know if European convention is selected it can cause problems with navdata but I'm just guessing if it affects the speedtape font. Too bad Ryan Stowers never reported back what fixed his problem.
Thanks Dan for the clarification. I didn't have european convention selected on mine when I checked. I did however try to find a font file somewhere within the PMDG folders so I could replace it with a backup file, but could not find one.An interesting observation after rebuilding the config file is that on selecting the MD11 as a plane choice, I didn't get any DLL confirmation messages, but did when I selected the 747. The 747 was fine with regards to the fonts.I decided to uninstall and reinstall the MD, and this corrected the corrupted fonts.

I sure appreciate the update on that problem. Thanks Ron.

Dan Downs KCRP

I sure appreciate the update on that problem. Thanks Ron.
No problem Dan. I hope it will help PMDG to narrow down what causes this issue. As with many problems, it seems to be only a select few who have it.

Having the same problem here as well a fix would be nice.Chuck

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Did you try Ron's solution posted above?

Dan Downs KCRP

Just uninstall and reinstall all your liveries. That did it for me when I updated the MD11/ Leffe

Sorry for the major delay in getting back to this. I have not been able to get on the sim as much due to other things going on. To add to the fix, I just reinstalled the aircraft and then applied the update and was good to go.