Sign in to follow this  
Mudhendriver

Ultimate Terrain Question

I've been running UT USA with Adjusted City/Town unchecked in the Land section of the UT opening menu...I have FS Genesis 38M and GE PRO...what exactly does this selectable item do? And, do most run with it on or off?THanksR.Perry

Thanks...is there a reduction of FPS with this option selected?RP
---------------I can detect no effect on FPS. I run both UT and Ground Environment full blast with FS9 on a 5 yr old AMD 1.8 with triple views displayed on three monitors. These addons eliminate much of the reason for considering FSX.Alex Reid

Enable them! you wont regret it. It will mostlikely not affect fps, although there is a chance that there would be more autogen in a given area..but I have no observed and fps hit from that option. Like the manual says, it'll give accurate landclass (location of towns, cities..etc). FSGenesis gives terrain elevation info (eg, mountains, hills, etc), and GE Pro replaces textures used by the UT Landclass option. All three work beautifully together.P.S. if you disable residential roads..you will have much more autogen around towns/cities and will look much more realisitc...plus there is a fps increase when disabling residential roads...just an fyi

P.S. if you disable residential roads..you will have much more autogen around towns/cities and will look much more realisitc...plus there is a fps increase when disabling residential roads...just an fyi
---------------Red1- Does this apply if you already have Autogen fully Off? I find Autogen totally unrealistic with fir trees and two storey stone houses alongside runways. I will have to try UT resid roads off- an fps gain is always welcome!Alex Reid

Hi,From the UT PDF notes:These are the settings I have selected:Alastair
Alistair -- I have UT_USA and FSGenesis US mesh installed in FS9 which give me some peculiarities near city central in Seattle. The orange cranes and two large cargo ships sit well inland. There is also a small lake in a deep depression south of the Seattle shipyards. Have you seen anything like this in your setup? I have also lost the Statue of Liberty in New York City, and the capitol grounds in Washington, DC are no longer covered with manicured greenery but with textures common to urban sprawl. I'm wondering if there is a fix.

Head over to QLRP4UT and apply the patch.QLRP4UT
That sounds great! After years of wondering why there isn't a fix for it...there it was all along.January, I believe autogen does not have anything to do with the fps when enabling residential roads, as adding them actually reduces autogen. the fps loss might have just been my imagination, but ever since them, i have kept them disabled.