Sign in to follow this  
13sharonj

Continental 787 Tail Help

Abacus and there boring liveries. I have decided to repaint a 787 in Continental Colors. I think it is coming along nicely,but as you can see in the pictures, it is not finnished. It seems that there is not as much room as the other side which looks good. I would appriciate if someone could fix and finish the tail that is on the left side of the template. PLEASE Help ME out Here!! Thanks.Screen shots: of template and ref. pic.

Guest lgvpilot1

Okay I am confused ???How do you figure that there is more room on one side compared to the otherMark

looking at your template you can see that the object between the two tails (top middle) you can see it is more towards the left side which is cutting off space for the tail image.

Guest lgvpilot1
looking at your template you can see that the object between the two tails (top middle) you can see it is more towards the left side which is cutting off space for the tail image.
Forget the dead areas look at a default paintThe area behind the tail is not used in the sim , you can put what you want there and it will not showIt is only the area with detailing :( if you like , that you are interested in The actual area that shows in the sim is the same size for both sides Mark

Yes but what about the actual engine fan. If I try to stretch my image to fit the tail, it overlaps the engine fan and shows it in preview and in the game. Can you help me put the Continental picture on the tail? Please help me out here!

Guest lgvpilot1
Yes but what about the actual engine fan. If I try to stretch my image to fit the tail, it overlaps the engine fan and shows it in preview and in the game. Can you help me put the Continental picture on the tail? Please help me out here!
I will do what I can , sure What editor are you using?Mark

Guest lgvpilot1
FS Repaint V2
So you are not using Photoshop or paint shop or any tool that works with layers ?How did you create the tail you have at the moment ?Mark

I copied the camsim 787 tail (continental) and I placed it over the texture it worked for one side but it will not fit right for the other side. I know I did something wrong with my steps. I have read many tutorials for photoshop, mspaint, etc.. I just don't understand it. what is going to happen?

Guest lgvpilot1
I copied the camsim 787 tail (continental) and I placed it over the texture it worked for one side but it will not fit right for the other side. I know I did something wrong with my steps. I have read many tutorials for photoshop, mspaint, etc.. I just don't understand it. what is going to happen?
Well I didnt know that you could do that in FSpaint . One thing you could try is to position your two sides of the tail so you are happy with them and they look good in the sim , dont worry about where it overlaps at the moment just position it so you are happy . Once you are happy with the Tail positions open up one of the default repaints and cut and copy round the areas you have overlapped in your version and copy that into your bmp , positioning it exactly over the original If you look at the first jpeg of the tail I posted you would be cutting round the black part between the tails and pasting that into your BMP over the top of your edited tails .You would have to be fairly accurate with your editing but it looks like there is room to do it .I have to say that if you were using something like PSP this would be a five minute edit , but it can be done in FSpaint Does this make sense ??Mark

That worked I thought of that today and was not sure. Then I saw your reply and I did that and it worked perfectly. I will post some pics in about an hour or sooner

Guest lgvpilot1
That worked I thought of that today and was not sure. Then I saw your reply and I did that and it worked perfectly. I will post some pics in about an hour or sooner
Well there you go , it just goes to show that if you think about something for a while it can be solved :( Maybe next time you will stop and draw breath and think about your problem before you post for help that it would seem you did'nt need after all :( Well doneMark

Thank you All! I have just uploaded this repaint to avsim it is being reviewed. Here are pics of the final product: