Sign in to follow this  
exstense

end of Jeppesen

Hello,I received the following message:Important SimCharts 4.0 Announcement Regarding your current SimCharts 4.0 subscription: Dear Customers, This email is to let you know that the sale of our SIMCharts 4.0 service which works in conjunction with Microsoft Flight Simulator version 10 (FSX), will end on April 1, 2009. There is no new version being planned at this time. Support for the SIMCharts 4.0 service will continue for 1 year thereafter or until March 31, 2010. Access to the service after March 31, 2010 will no longer be available. We appreciate you as a customer and encourage you to visit our website, jeppesen.com, to view the full breadth of services and offerings Jeppesen has available to you. So, what charts can be used instead? Navigraph? I really like the way Jeppesen is doing their job. Any alternatives?Regards,GoofEHEH

I use sim charts, which works great. They have pretty much any kind of chart included with their software. Another useful location to find charts is simroutes.com (also a great flight planning site for downloading pmdg flight plans). After you create a flight plan, you can find the applicable charts there.Cheers,Blake

Any alternatives?
For USA airports any site that hosts NOCA approach plates - available for free, for example www.myairplane.com

Guest Ed Lin
Hello,I received the following message:Important SimCharts 4.0 Announcement Regarding your current SimCharts 4.0 subscription: Dear Customers, This email is to let you know that the sale of our SIMCharts 4.0 service which works in conjunction with Microsoft Flight Simulator version 10 (FSX), will end on April 1, 2009. There is no new version being planned at this time. Support for the SIMCharts 4.0 service will continue for 1 year thereafter or until March 31, 2010. Access to the service after March 31, 2010 will no longer be available. We appreciate you as a customer and encourage you to visit our website, jeppesen.com, to view the full breadth of services and offerings Jeppesen has available to you. So, what charts can be used instead? Navigraph? I really like the way Jeppesen is doing their job. Any alternatives?Regards,GoofEHEH
I use a Widefs setup which affords me a second pc when flying. I usually access U.S. charts via airnav.com or flightaware.com. For Europe or some other parts of the world, I have links for some other countries where charts are available online. However for the non-U.S., a third-party product would be easier.

Jeppesen Jeppview 3 It is used by Real World Airlines! Is the best software for Charts ... It updates every 14 or 15 days with a new Cycle ...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Look at the date of release. You really think this is serious? :(

Jeppesen Jeppview 3 It is used by Real World Airlines! Is the best software for Charts ... It updates every 14 or 15 days with a new Cycle ...
That would be great, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to afford it.I got the same mail yesterday, but I'd actually almost forgotte that I own the product. I mostly fly online now, and the Simcharts are way out of date. I usually don't have problems finding current charts online as long as I fly in Europe or North America. Asia can be a bit difficult, though.

Guest Mower

Hmmm, good thing I was never paying for that...I always thought it stupid to charge for something that the commercial airlines already support financially quite well.

Look at the date of release. You really think this is serious? :(
You know companies do still conduct business on April 1st... not everything is a joke. I believe this was confirmed as a real announcement when someone emailed them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest redraw

buy ur own jepps like me :)andy

The email was sent to me on the 30th of March so its clearly not a ###### take, although it is taking the ###### that they are taking the service down as the product will be useless when the servers are taken down, where's the value for money in that. I cant believe that a company like Jeppesen cant afford to keep a tiny server running that doesn't even need its contents updating, the charts are all from 2006 and before and are never changed unlike their other products.

buy ur own jepps like me :)andy
We already did, we paid a fee for a lifetime of use, yes its the lifetime of the product not the user, but the product isn't being changed/replaced with something new so I cant see how it is the end of the products life.

Cheers, Andy.

Simple. Navigraph NDAC. Good for sim use, worldwide coverage and very much affordable. www.navigraph.com

Affordable is far from the truth compared to the Jeppeson product which was a one off flat fee for lifetime usage, it's just a shame their definition of life is an insects lifetime :( .

Cheers, Andy.

Well if you paid for something that as you said has a "lifetime usage", then surely that's what you should be getting?If what you are getting is the opposite then you obviously haven't received what you have paid for.

For free FAA charts straight from the FAA visit naco.faa.gov. And look under their digital products.