Sign in to follow this  
exstense

end of Jeppesen

Guest jibbyq

Like people have said Navigraph NDAC for the world + airnav.com for the USJibran

To be fair here, I do think the look and clarity of Jeppessen charts far exceeds the NACO or Navigraph ones... most real pilots will probably agree with me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well for any Canadian pilots out there...A quick visit to your local charter outfit or something along those lines will normally reward you with some old charts. If you know some people with access to them, they will probably be pretty receptive to giving you an old set. I always take a good stack of approach plates from my work once a year or so to give away to some FS buddies.Actually the same probably applies abroad as well.Patrick

To be fair here, I do think the look and clarity of Jeppessen charts far exceeds the NACO or Navigraph ones... most real pilots will probably agree with me.
Ryan, I do agree but not sure about this "far". For a pilot is it worth extra cost? On top of that the latest glass cockpits have all the vertical information built in (say Cirrus Perspective) so there is even less need to consult the chart. You still need the chart to be "legal" and for possible MDA/DH information but like I said with the latest avionics there is much less need to study those charts - hence any edge in clarity that Jeppesen had quickly evaporates. On top of that the latest WAAS approaches are really streamlined and look pretty good on both charts.

Ryan, I think you opened a can of worms with a NACO vs Jeppessen discussion. The Jepps are fine, but I learned to fly in USAF aero clubs and got used to the NACO charts and I've been using it for about 35 yrs now so at least one old fart stuck in his ways prefers their same'ole same stuff. I think they're pretty (Jepps) but I instantly know where to look on the NACO's for information and that is important to me.

Dan Downs KCRP

but I instantly know where to look on the NACO's for information and that is important to me.
Don't you think that pilots that use Jepp stuff feel exactly the same way, its human nature to resist change, however flawed that may be.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest tebinu

the easiest/fastest/cheapest way...google -> "charts icao-code" like "charts eddf"you will find almost every airport (pdf files)

Guest bboo

Goodbye Jeppesen, welcome LIDO !

its human nature to resist change,...
Sure it is but what's your point? Nobody ever questions or ask anyone to justify using Jeppesen since it is such a well established standard of excellence, so it is only the pilots who don't use Jeppesen that are being taken under the microscope. Dan gave you plausible explanation - 1) in USAF Jeppesen wasn't an option 2) once used to NACO pilot could see little justification to later switch to Jeppesen specially if cost (or inconvenient paper upgrades) was deemed too high for the extra value provided. I don't see any "flaw" here, only what one either prefers or is willing to pay for.

Nobody ever questions or ask anyone to justify using Jeppesen
I didn't expect you reply either but I got it, its an open forum and I will treat it as such, I was voicing my opinion just like you just did now. I dont have to justify myself anymore than you or anyone else does, I wasn't telling anyone that what they were doing was right or wrong, all I was saying was that I'm sure pilots that use Jepp charts exclusively feel exactly the same way as the OP did about his charts, there is no harm in that. It is human nature to resist change, there wouldn't be so many bloody wars in the world if this wasn't the case.

Cheers, Andy.

What is the best way to get the Jeppesen Charts for Europe on Disk?Any ideas? Even though I use FSX, I don't mind getting the charts for FS9 as long as I get view and print them when I need it.Where can I buy it?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter