Sign in to follow this  
chaddddddddddd

Jetstream Project

Andy's Avsim account has been terminated. He won't be bothering us anymore....
Thank God. I should be kissing your feet right now. Its time.

Ahhh... peace at last! :)

Guest 413X3

I am kind of disappointed at a jetstream. why a jetstream? why not an airplane like the beech 1900 c and d models, to appeal to us freight dawgs as well as pax fans. and an airplane that is still happily flying in service more than the js41

I am kind of disappointed at a jetstream. why a jetstream? why not an airplane like the beech 1900 c and d models, to appeal to us freight dawgs as well as pax fans. and an airplane that is still happily flying in service more than the js41
You just need to use your imagination :( - Philip

There are several J41s used for freight, it's often used for mail contracts to outlying areas, so it's certainly not incompatible with freight hauling sim fans.Despite there actually being only a limited number of Jestreams in existence (374 worldwide of all types), that actually makes it one of the most in demand aircraft there is from leasing companies, because of its versatility. Along with some other types such as the RJ/BAe 146 and the ATP, it's often quite sought-after for leasing. Despite 2008 being a year where many airlines had been cutting back and both Airbus and Boeing orders were cancelled, BAe Systems Regional Aircraft - which is a leasing arm of BAe which handles 30 Jetstreams - nevertheless secured a lot of leasing contracts for the Jetstreams it manages, with clients including including Yeti Airlines in Nepal, EasyFly in Columbia and Highland Airways in Scotland, which gives you some idea of the wide variety of places they get to and how much fun you could have with one on tricky approaches.Here's a quote from the current edition of Aviation News this week: 'Such is the flexibility of the Jetstream, that it availability is expected to remain limited for some time.'On another note, I'm personally devastated that we will no longer have access to Andy's incisive, helpful and razor-like sharp assessments of aircraft handling, based on what was clearly a vast amount of knowledge from real-world flying, and I imagine his place in the Guinness Book of Records is assured as the only ever 12-year-old to become an experienced airline pilot, a position made all the more difficult to achieve given the handicap of his vocabulary of just 45 words. His helpful 'firewall it' advice is of tremendous help in operating the PMDG 747 when hot and high, and I'm sure we will all be the poorer for no longer having brilliant technical assessments such as that one, just a mere forum post away.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

OK Vin,although I don't mind seeing the children being picked up before cerfew, I do mind you being the Mod here,Don't you have better things to do?....O like maybe Beta testing the J41!!!!!!!!!!!! or lets see......Working on the 737NG? j/k :(

(No, it will not be a pay-to-beta... :( )
How much for a peek at the VC? $5? Take pay pal?When the manual comes out, how much per word? $0.02? :(

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Looking forward to the J41 anyway :( I think it'll make a change to fly a proper turboprop.I don't see how you'll release 2 projects this year though with all the delays, unless it's working up to 2 a year :( I can see the NGX being released late next year though with any luck, if not I reckon we'll have enough on our plates trying to remember how to use all these brilliant simulations. I remember new things but there's only so much room in between my ears so I have to look at the checklists lol.Happy Easter :( John Ellison

Maybe you missed it but PMDG had already done Beech 1900 for FS2004. Why Jetsream 41? How about why not? And in case you missed it too Robert flew this aircraft extensively so he knows it in&out, don't you think it is good enough a reason to do it?

Guest jlm

I had forgotten how attractive the Jetstream 41 was until I searched for photos. really looking forward to having a well simulated prop, alot to learn aswell so it presents a nice little learning package for a while. every new project deserves encouragement.john

How about why not? And in case you missed it too Robert flew this aircraft extensively so he knows it in&out, don't you think it is good enough a reason to do it?
+1!

Ciao!

Rosario Manzo, IT

I had forgotten how attractive the Jetstream 41 was until I searched for photos.
It's a very special looking plane. Look like the frame had been finished with a sickle and a hammer in a old CCCP factory. :( But i am happy to wait for the PMDG version.Benjamin

Guest 413X3
Maybe you missed it but PMDG had already done Beech 1900 for FS2004. Why Jetsream 41? How about why not? And in case you missed it too Robert flew this aircraft extensively so he knows it in&out, don't you think it is good enough a reason to do it?
whats your point? they also did a 737 for fs9. so why bother with fsx? rolleyes

whats your point? they also did a 737 for fs9. so why bother with fsx? rolleyes
The point should be obvious - no developer repeats the same product over and over again, sorry can't compare B1900 to 737NG they have completely different traction/status in the marketplace, they generate vastly different funds.