Sign in to follow this  
Guest dakrisht

Radeon HD 4890 XT 1GB 256-bit DDR5

Guest djt01
ATI has better graphics for my FSX. No burries!!
What are

I swear this is some kind of urban legend being spread by people who don't actually have an ATI 4xxx card. I've seen nothing like what you've described here with my 4870 and I've owned plenty of Nvidia cards prior to it... The clouds hit thing was an old problem with the 2xxx and 3xxx Radeons if I recall correctly. I've had no problems flying in weather with the 4870.
Sorry, but my experience differs. I had a 8800 GTX Ultra that went up in smoke. I replaced it with a 4850. Clouds are a showstopper with the ATI card. From 40fps in good weather to 15fps when overcast with 3360x1050.I will be going from my ATI to a NVidia 285 as soon as possible.

Guest flyguy1911
Seems like NVIDIA has the upper hand with FSX...When are their new cards coming out (post GTX285/295) ?I ask because upgrading to a 285 from a 9800GTX+ isn't worth the money... Even though I find I might need that extra 512MB for damn FSX...
You WILL notice a huge difference if you upgrade. I went from a 9800GT to a GTX260 and the difference is stunning. Great card. Just ebay your 9800GTX and get the 260 (if on 24" or lower) or 280 (if on a big monitor or TV).

Sorry, but my experience differs. I had a 8800 GTX Ultra that went up in smoke. I replaced it with a 4850. Clouds are a showstopper with the ATI card. From 40fps in good weather to 15fps when overcast with 3360x1050.I will be going from my ATI to a NVidia 285 as soon as possible.
You're not running recent drivers, or you have a broken configuration because this is not true for other ATI users with a properly configured rig with recent drivers.

Explain your logic behind your statement "Neither one of which are very good when it comes to FSX". lol

Guest djt01
Explain your logic behind your statement "Neither one of which are very good when it comes to FSX". lol
The logic is that a 4870 has too narrow of a memory bus and a GTX 295 is really two GTX 260