Sign in to follow this  
trisager

737 vs 747/MD-11

I have the 747 and the MD-11, and I'm thinking about getting the 737s as well. Being older models, how do they compare to the newer releases? (I know a new 737 release is in the works, but that's still in the future).Any comments that can help me decide to buy or not would be appreciated.

Hi Tom,Go ahead and buy, the PMDG 737NG is still the way to go, even after all those years!Shows how quality keeps its value.

Hi Tom,Go ahead and buy, the PMDG 737NG is still the way to go, even after all those years!Shows how quality keeps its value.
I suggest not to buy it as a newer one from PMDG is coming out.

Tom, I'd suggest the 737 800/900 as it's a better 'model' than the 600/700 one but saying that, I'm yet to buy the 737 as well.Only used it on a mates pc, and although 'older' it still outshines ANY of the default planes. Requires a bit of effort to decend though :( Addons for it all over avsim too.(reminds me, better place my box order, ta for reminding me Tom :( )John Ellison

The original PMDG 737 is showing it's age a bit in terms of the virtual cockpit and some functionality, there are other 737s out there with more stuff in that department, but that's not really too surprising, because it was one of the first really in-depth treatments of an aircraft for FS, and most of the recent ones from other developers are 'standing on its shoulders' in one way or another. It's certainly still worth having though, as it is no less usuable for not having all the very latest whistles and bells.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Tom, I'd suggest the 737 800/900 as it's a better 'model' than the 600/700 one but saying that, I'm yet to buy the 737 as well.
I've now looked closer at the PMDG website, and it seems that for the 800/900 version to work you must also own the 600/700 package. That brings the total cost to $79.90 - same as the MD-11. Hmm, need to think about that for a bit...Thanks for all your inputs, very helpful :(