Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

ariane merge

Hi!is there any merge that make the pmdg panel to work with ariane 737-800 verion 3?

I suspect you would get in big trouble for doing that, read the Ariane 737's documentation: Ariane make no secret of the fact that they do not tolerate people messing with their stuff. Ariane are notorious for protecting their models and do not even allow people to post repaints online, so you can be certain they would come after you if you made it known you were doing some reverse-engineering like your suggestion. Of course, someone may have done it on the quiet, but Ariane will definitely prosecute you for breaking their EULA if they get wind of you having done so, so I wouldn't chance it if I were you.Their stance is not popular with many simmers, but you agreed to their terms when you bought their 737, so Ariane are entitled to take that position, and despite it not being a popular one with simmers in general, Avsim doesn't advocate what would be classed by Ariane as piracy in breaking their EULA, even if it isn't popular with simmers at large.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That name....brings....lets call them, memories. Ugh.

Hi!is there any merge that make the pmdg panel to work with ariane 737-800 verion 3?
Regardless of what Ariane does or doesn't like, the PMDG panels don't merge well with other models - PMDG planes are designed as systems rather than bits and pieces.DJ

Guest lgvpilot1
I suspect you would get in big trouble for doing that, read the Ariane 737's documentation: Ariane make no secret of the fact that they do not tolerate people messing with their stuff. Ariane are notorious for protecting their models and do not even allow people to post repaints online, so you can be certain they would come after you if you made it known you were doing some reverse-engineering like your suggestion. Of course, someone may have done it on the quiet, but Ariane will definitely prosecute you for breaking their EULA if they get wind of you having done so, so I wouldn't chance it if I were you.Their stance is not popular with many simmers, but you agreed to their terms when you bought their 737, so Ariane are entitled to take that position, and despite it not being a popular one with simmers in general, Avsim doesn't advocate what would be classed by Ariane as piracy in breaking their EULA, even if it isn't popular with simmers at large.Al
This makes no sense to me at all So if I were buy their 737 , according to your statement I cannot repaint it for my own use , a type of reverse engineering because I have altered the model in a way not supplied by the creator of the modelI cannot add any type of gauge that i may legally own for my own use , I may get the urge to put a weather radar in there (altering the original model)and god forbid if I decide to merge my bought and paid for Ariane 737 with a freeware model and use it on my computer in my sim Airiane would prosecute !!!!They may refuse to support the mods i have made but that is it Also you may need to rethink what you call PiracyThe Op is talking about a merge , there are several payware merges in the library , are they piracy?????Mark

Guest belga1

Hello,From the aircraft.cfg (Ariane) LOL

[fltsim.0]title=Ariane Boeing 737-800 Ryanairsim=Ariane Boeing 737-800 Ryanairmodel=panel=sound=texture=panel_alias = b777_300\panel Fumeur13.gif sound_alias = ariane_ng sound\cfm567b 28kb_checklists=boeing737-800_checkkb_reference=boeing737-800_refatc_id=-atc_airline=Ryanairatc_flight_number=1322ui_manufacturer=ARIANE B737-800NGui_type="737-800"ui_variation="Ryanair"description="Founded by GPA leasing executive Tony Ryan, Ryanair has gone from strength to strength in establishing its position in the European airline network. TOday, Ryanair is the leading airline in the budget sector. Starting with only 20 Boeing 737 200's in 1998, Ryanair has as many Boeing aircraft planned as it originally had on its books when it began."atc_heavy=0prop_anim_ratio=-0.77//Specification changes are copyright: Ariane Studios. Please ask before using.[General]
Well ...... AvocatQuiFume.gifHein36.gifRegards.bye.gif

Guest lgvpilot1

Well done belga1 :( Ariane :( Guess that makes a panel merge a moot point as far as the EULA goes :( Mark

Mark: It's not what 'I call piracy', I'm merely pointing out Ariane's policy with its add-ons and offering a note of caution because of that.Most other developers are smart enough to realise that allowing people to do repaints, and post those repaints online, actually makes their product a more attractive proposition by widening its appeal. But Ariane choose to sell official repaint packages instead, and do not approve of users editing their files, preferring to retain full intellectual and creative rights over their stuff. That's their choice, and your choice too if you buy their product and agree to be bound by their rules.The fact is, if that is what they say in their EULA, then when you install their product and click the little 'agree' tick box, then you agree to their stipulations. I didn't say I thought it was a good policy, or that I would advocate it as a good idea, I'm merely pointing it out. However, that being the case, since Avsim does not support piracy, and that is how Ariane chooses to define it in the rule they make buyers of their products agree to when they install them, then circumventing those rules is breaking the EULA, and Avsim would not advocate doing that for Ariane, or any other developer.Old time users of Avsim and the free stuff in Avsim's library will of course recall that this very matter, and the availability of freeware stuff at large, was the cause of a great deal of trouble for Avsim some years ago, so if you care about Avsim, don't post those sort of changes in the forums, as it will be no laughing matter when Ariane threaten you with legal action, and believe me, they will.Al

Alan Bradbury

Guest Tingoose

Chock. . . . you're the messenger and as such you'll get shot. I am a lecturer in PR techniques and I use Ariane's approach to business in the flighsim arena, as a model for 'how not to do it' to my students. A lot can be learnt by negative example. Actually I'm not really a lecturer in PR but for a moment I had a fantasy about it. :( If I remember rightly, Ariane recently hired someone whose name escapes me at the moment, but appeared to be trying to change the tone of the relationship between Ariane and the customer . . . . haven't seen anything since though.

ok! thanks for the answers! i decided to not buy this aircraft if dosent work with pmdg 2d panel, so i must use my beloved pmdg 737 ng!

Guest lgvpilot1
Mark: It's not what 'I call piracy', I'm merely pointing out Ariane's policy with its add-ons and offering a note of caution because of that.Most other developers are smart enough to realise that allowing people to do repaints, and post those repaints online, actually makes their product a more attractive proposition by widening its appeal. But Ariane choose to sell official repaint packages instead, and do not approve of users editing their files, preferring to retain full intellectual and creative rights over their stuff. That's their choice, and your choice too if you buy their product and agree to be bound by their rules.The fact is, if that is what they say in their EULA, then when you install their product and click the little 'agree' tick box, then you agree to their stipulations. I didn't say I thought it was a good policy, or that I would advocate it as a good idea, I'm merely pointing it out. However, that being the case, since Avsim does not support piracy, and that is how Ariane chooses to define it in the rule they make buyers of their products agree to when they install them, then circumventing those rules is breaking the EULA, and Avsim would not advocate doing that for Ariane, or any other developer.Old time users of Avsim and the free stuff in Avsim's library will of course recall that this very matter, and the availability of freeware stuff at large, was the cause of a great deal of trouble for Avsim some years ago, so if you care about Avsim, don't post those sort of changes in the forums, as it will be no laughing matter when Ariane threaten you with legal action, and believe me, they will.Al
Hi Alan I dont use panel merges and I dont post them either but cast your "old time user" eyes at this http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...;Go=Change+ViewHelp yourself there are plenty in the libraryNow either Avsim have got it wrong or you have Mark

Funny you mentioned being a lecturer in PR, because on occasion I am (when I run my copywriting course, which has a module showing people how to improve their PR and marketing). :( I had a look at that link Mark, and I couldn't spot any Ariane ones there (must admit I didn't spend hours scrutinising it though). There certainly are one or two merges of Ariane things in the Avsim library though, and one or two repaints too, most of them for older Ariane products. Nevertheless, it is my understanding that Ariane grant no permission to do that sort of thing, unlike most other developers, who extend it as a courtesy despite the fact that you do not 'own' the textures in an add-on you purchase, merely a license to use them.For more information of the hassles this sort of thing has caused in the past for Avsim, do a Google search on 'Peter Tishma' (of Papa Tango and Ariane fame), and you'll find plenty of evidence for Ariane's litigious past; there are social diseases that are more welcome than him as far as many flight simmers are concerned, although people can of course change, and like a previous poster noted, I too have heard that Ariane are attempting to improve their PR somewhat these days, and there is some evidence of that too from what I can gather.Al

Alan Bradbury

Funny you mentioned being a lecturer in PR, because on occasion I am (when I run my copywriting course, which has a module showing people how to improve their PR and marketing). :( I had a look at that link Mark, and I couldn't spot any Ariane ones there (must admit I didn't spend hours scrutinising it though). There certainly are one or two merges of Ariane things in the Avsim library though, and one or two repaints too, most of them for older Ariane products. Nevertheless, it is my understanding that Ariane grant no permission to do that sort of thing, unlike most other developers, who extend it as a courtesy despite the fact that you do not 'own' the textures in an add-on you purchase, merely a license to use them.For more information of the hassles this sort of thing has caused in the past for Avsim, do a Google search on 'Peter Tishma' (of Papa Tango and Ariane fame), and you'll find plenty of evidence for Ariane's litigious past; there are social diseases that are more welcome than him as far as most flight simmers are concerned, although like a previous poster noted, I too have heard that Ariane are attempting to improve their PR somewhat these days, and there is some evidence of that too.Al
You will also find that Tishma was told in no uncertain terms to buzz off and/or bring it on, and nothing ever came of it. Ariane claims to have no affiliation with PT these days. It seems to me wildly unlikely that any paints or merges done on a user's own hard drive and not distributed will result in any claim on their part regardless. Such actions might result, at most, in an inability to get support. I think you are creating a tempest in a teapot.DJ

Guest lgvpilot1
Funny you mentioned being a lecturer in PR, because on occasion I am (when I run my copywriting course, which has a module showing people how to improve their PR and marketing). :( I had a look at that link Mark, and I couldn't spot any Ariane ones there (must admit I didn't spend hours scrutinising it though).Al
Hi Alan Did you not see Belga1's post about the Aircraft cfg for the Ariane 737panel_alias = b777_300\panel So according to that config there is no Ariane panel , They themselves have used a type of merge :( As I said , if that is the case then the debate of a panel merge with another aircraft is a moot point .Now I dont own any of their "stuff" so they may have rethought the idea and created their own All that aside , to create and sell an aircraft that uses a default panel and then to say that the end user cannot modify it in any way is , well lets not test the swear filter!You probably didnt find an Ariane merge in that list i posted , i didnt look for one , the point was that you said that merges are piracy and Avsim does not condone it , but there are many PSS, Overland , CLS and other merges there .Am I to presume that these payware makers need to re write their EULA and take a leaf out of arianes book?Go to the PMDG forum and inquire about merging their products , if they bother to answer at all they will tell you that you are on your own , no support will be given , they do not accuse you of piracy I should add that I am replying to your notes on Airianes EULA , and allthough I use the word "you" it is not meant as a personal attack of any sort , please except any apologies if that seems to be the case .It is not my intention to shoot the messenger Mark

I didn't say 'merges are piracy' (in fact I said the complete opposite). I merely related that doing one with Ariane's stuff when they don't grant the user leave to mess with their stuff is breaking their EULA and that they regard it as such, I didn't say anything about it being a problem with anyone elses stuff, read my post!Al

Alan Bradbury