Sign in to follow this  
Lbt564

ariane merge

Guest lgvpilot1
I didn't say 'merges are piracy' (in fact I said the complete opposite). I merely related that doing one with Ariane's stuff when they don't grant the user leave to mess with their stuff is breaking their EULA and that they regard it as such, I didn't say anything about it being a problem with anyone elses stuff, read my post!Al
Alan I read your post , I quoted it , all of it , at least all that was there when I opened it All that was there was those two lines ??? I dont know why but there you goAs i said in my previous post and i will say it againI should add that I am replying to your notes on Arianes EULA , and allthough I use the word "you" it is not meant as a personal attack of any sort , please except any apologies if that seems to be the case .It is not my intention to shoot the messenger So thats me finished with this discussion I dont own or care for Ariane products , so I will leave you with the last word Mark

Sometimes I read these posts around AVSIM, though replying with some sense is mostly very hard. It is just sometimes so funny to see how much dust Ariane's discussions can lift...On a personal note, I just think Ariane is a disgrace to the computing/internet/FS world.

The real world is full of pitfalls ....and so is our virtual FS world unfortunately and we have to watch out for them!Tuning into AVSIM is one of the best ways of avoiding them IMHO.Certain developers should be given a wide birth.....I don't say they should disappear because then life would be too easy.FWIW Due to XML animation for models..... certain models TMK cannot be merged...eg Maddog 2008, latest Ariane models.....

Guest belga1

Hello,That's what I read lately about their (Ariane) last release (B737-800 FSX)"Overpriced and underfeatured. Wait for PMDG. Charges for every little ad-on. No paint kit. No navigraph support. Ad-on liveries are to be purchased. Claims it's highly realistic. Many features non-op. It's a home made job marketed beyond its capability. Rude support and confusing registration system. Removed from my hard drive. Went to reinstall and registration didn't work. Wants to charge to reactivate. Activating Old Orders? Due to increasingly high numbers asking for 're-activation' we request you purchase a ticket to cover costs."So.. seem's they keep their questionable behavior ......Regards.bye.gif

Hello,That's what I read lately about their (Ariane) last release (B737-800 FSX)"Overpriced and underfeatured. Wait for PMDG. Charges for every little ad-on. No paint kit. No navigraph support. Ad-on liveries are to be purchased. Claims it's highly realistic. Many features non-op. It's a home made job marketed beyond its capability. Rude support and confusing registration system. Removed from my hard drive. Went to reinstall and registration didn't work. Wants to charge to reactivate. Activating Old Orders? Due to increasingly high numbers asking for 're-activation' we request you purchase a ticket to cover costs."So.. seem's they keep their questionable behavior ......Regards.bye.gif
It seems they are keeping their legacy alive. LOL.

Actually, to be fair to Ariane (although God knows many would prefer not to extend them that courtesy), the above quote is from just one review on the SimMarket website, and as we've seen in a lot of recent threads on Avsim, often a review is in the eye of the beholder. You can find other reviews on SimMarket which praise the Ariane 737 too (as well as some other negative ones).Look at it this way, there are some people who slam PMDG aircraft, you'll find some threads on Avsim of that nature, but does that mean that PMDG products are bad? Most people would say no (including me), but there are nevertheless some voices of dissent. I've had problems in the past with PMDG's 747 where activation was concerned, although that was a long time ago when their support was not as good as it is these days, but if I posted a review saying the PMDG 747 was terrible because I couldn't get it activated (without knowing exactly why I was having trouble), would you take my one opinion as the gospel truth? If I pointed out a mistake in the PMDG 747's virtual cockpit (yes there is one), would you think it was bad? If you did, you'd be wrong of course, because the PMDG 747 is a great add-on.I always prefer to look at more than one person's opinion, especially where online user reviews are concerned, for very obvious reasons: Glowing tributes can be 'seeded' by the developer under the guise of an anonymous review, and of course negative reviews from rival developers are not an unknown business tactic either, so I always view a single comment with caution until I can find others which concur with it, or better yet, form my own opinion by seeing the product for myself.I do not own the Ariane 737, but I have a friend who does and I have flown it on his computer a few times, and I can tell you that from what I have seen of it, it is actually pretty good. I've toyed with the idea of buying a few times, and probably will at some point, although I'm presently waiting to see if the rumours of them cleaning up their act a bit come to anything (and to see if the next PMDG 737 matches the excellent VC of the Ariane one). The Ariane 737 certainly has the nicest virtual cockpit of any 737 you can get currently for FS and the lighting is very good in the cockpit. Compare this with the problems PMDG are having with the lighting in their MD-11, again, does that make PMDG a poor developer? No, of course not, they'll probably fix it, but if you read a negative comment about that problem in isolation, would you regard it as a comprehensive appraisal of the PMDG MD-11?That said, the Ariane 737 definitely has some minus points, and as we are mostly aware, the company doesn't exactly go out of its way to make itself loved by all, so I am not claiming it is the pantheon of great add-ons and I certainly don't rate their PR technique, but to simply disregard the Ariane 737 as poor, especially based on one review placed online by someone whom none of us know, is neither fair, nor advisable. After all, there are non-functioning items in the PMDG 737 cockpit, and the Wilco one too, but it doesn't stop me from thinking they are both very good add-ons, and ones which I use all the time.Read the quoted review carefully and you will spot something weird in it too: It says that the aircraft is no good and the reviewer has uninstalled it, then goes on to say that they tried to reinstall it. I find it a bit puzzling that someone who has just claimed it is awful is then complaining that they cannot reinstall it. That they are having problems reinstalling it is not a good sign of course and is some reason for possible caution, but why do they want it back on their system if it is that bad?As ever - Caveat Emptor.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest jlm

Alan, I couldn't agree more, your own assessment is very fair, unfortunately not often seen on popular forums where users are very quick to jump on the band wagon.I wasn't happy to accept the criticism of certain developers, in Arian's case it just wasn't credible, and am pleased for having made a decision based on my own interpretations, although I accept the timliness of this decision was important because if the situation was really as bad as people made out then they really have come along way.bottom line is no sim is perfect, but the Ariane series is now getting very close, it needs essentially a navdata source to complete, my experience with them has been very pleasant.john