Sign in to follow this  
Guest melf12

Fs9 - New Runway FSFlatten - eeerr!

Guest melf12

I have just tried to add a new rwy at Abu Dhabi Airport. I'm 'trying' to use FSFlatten. However, after producing the .bgl and placing it in Addon Scenery, I visited the airport and found all the buildings about 200' in the air, plus the sea was lapping the end of Rwy 13!This problem may have been caused by 'marking' the airport area with Slew mode still active.Any help would be very welcome.Ken

I have just tried to add a new rwy at Abu Dhabi Airport. I'm 'trying' to use FSFlatten. However, after producing the .bgl and placing it in Addon Scenery, I visited the airport and found all the buildings about 200' in the air, plus the sea was lapping the end of Rwy 13!This problem may have been caused by 'marking' the airport area with Slew mode still active.Any help would be very welcome.Ken
Sounds as if you are not working with metric numbers.If I remember correctly, FSFlatten requires metric but you can add them in in feet and then double click the box and it will recalculate your number to metric.You can check the elevation of the airport with the Afcad program - and it has an option to display numbers in metric form.Hope that helps. :(

Guest melf12
Sounds as if you are not working with metric numbers.If I remember correctly, FSFlatten requires metric but you can add them in in feet and then double click the box and it will recalculate your number to metric.You can check the elevation of the airport with the Afcad program - and it has an option to display numbers in metric form.Hope that helps. :(

Guest melf12

Hi David,You and I have added this runway at Abu Dhabi before....last July :). But since then I've had a complete wipeout of Fs9, followed by a Reformat. So I'm starting again from scratch.I'll try again using metric as you suggest, thank you for your help,Ken

Guest melf12

Hello David,Well, in the end I had to resort to Plan B. That is to say Tips and Tricks, "Afcad - Some Tips and Tricks" :( Only problem now is the new Rwy designation does not show up in the Fs9 Menu?Best regards,Ken

Guest melf12

Hi Scott s,No, I'm a rank amateur at this, thought the basic rwy was enough to get started.......?Back to the drawing board.Thank you for your help.Best regards,Ken

Hi Scott s,No, I'm a rank amateur at this, thought the basic rwy was enough to get started.......?Back to the drawing board.Thank you for your help.Best regards,Ken
Ken -If you need some "one on one" assistance again, just send me a regular e-mail -opaflightsimaddict at verizon dot net :(

Did you hear that the Flintstones film had been banned in Dubai because they didn't understand it, but Abu Dhabi do.John

Guest melf12

Hi John,"They must be some of the newer fellas" :( Abba Dabba Dooo!Ken