Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Your favourite flight planning software

Guest Mower

FOC is expensive to maintain...not a good bargain.

FOC is expensive to maintain...not a good bargain.
Not necessarily, I buy Navdata once or twice a year, as well as a weather subscription once a year. Weather each year is about 12 euros I think, and Navdata about the same. Besides, a Mercedes isn't really a good bargain, but it's probably one of the best around.Rudy

Guest JaredA

FSBuild here, once you get used to it its easy and accurate on the fuel flight plan and generates a basic load sheet, that has the fuel flight plan, route, and all general data you would need.

FSCommander is very good. Check it out!Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

VRoute.I used Rotefinder before, but it started giving me strange routes.Ex I was going from Frankfurt to JFK, but the flightplan sended me south, all the way to Cape Town and beyond! (Imagine the suprise I got when I returned after 8 hours of school LMAO)
Hi Fallap,Your circuitous routes were caused by your not allowing RouteFinder to use NATs. So it was trying to find a way of not crossing the North Atlantic!Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have only used FSNavigator when planning my flights. It works great and with the PMDG Export tool it blends seamlessly into the FMC. I like the fact that it is easily modified and is a virtual sat nav in the sky all at the press of the F9 key. It may not be ultra realistic for hardcore simmers but for me it's works brillianty with PMDGs products. I've read ok a forum that the author has ceased selling the program and now I cannot update the sid/star procedures

Guest pegase
I've read ok a forum that the author has ceased selling the program and now I cannot update the sid/star procedures
YES YOU CAN !!! :( 1) Update your FSNav database from Navigraph2) As these data has no SID and STAR. You will have to draw them into FS (like a flight plan) and save it as SID/STAR (A path ending on a rwy will be saved as STAR, a path starting from a rwy as SIDNB: A STAR on FSNAV must ALWAYS end on the rwy. If, like around LFPG the STAR is finished with a radar vectoring, just draw the more logic path to the rwy.Do this with FSNav doc open, this operation is a bit fussy but well explain in the documentation. I used it recently to get the new RNAV SID/STAR on LFML. No more problem now to FOLLOW LERGA or ETREK 9C

Guest pegase

I use quite a mix of ressources- Routefinder to get a first flightplan- CFMU to check if the flight plan is valid against route restrictionI loop between these two until I get a valid flight plan and then- simroutes to plot the route and get a pictureSometimes, after some successives loops adding the route restrictions, routefinder can get a bit nuts and give a route of 500 nm across Switzerland, Austria, and Croatia between Paris and Milan !!! (315 nm straight... 400 on a "normal" valid route including SID/STAR).Then it's time to spit in the hands and look for better route in the charts, see if it helps to make a part in inf routes etc.I use then FSNav for fuel and flight time forcast. it is very acurate when you have properly entered the fuel per hour data in cruise climb and descent.The weak point of FSNav is that you cannot enter directly a wind for a waypoint, then you have to cheat on the cruise speed.

Guest pegase

-- Oops double post, sorry ----

Guest Mower
Then it's time to spit in the hands
Ewwwww. Shame%20On%20You.gif

Throwing in another vote for FS Commander - really great stuff in that one.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

fsbuild and i get my plans from flightaware since it shows real world flights. i have vroute only use it for running my fuel. fsnav suck since u cant update navagraph hasnt been able to update it like it needs to be so its obsolete. fscommader is ok but a pin to learn. i have fs flight keeper you can use that as a flight map but it doesnt fly the aircraft for you like fsnav will. but in the long run i would say fsbuild is the bestjames

I have fsbuild but I think it is utter crap. The autogenerate feature is useless. Is there any web site where you can obtain official coroute plans?

Keith Sandford.

Guest Biggles1975

Flight Operations Centre for me or FS Commander if I can find a plan on Flightaware.comSteve