Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonthedoors

Any of you with odd Flight Sim setups?

Guest jonthedoors

I consider the FS Setup I've got going on to be somewhat obscure. I was wondering if anyone can beat me with something really odd.Basically, due to my bedroom being so cramped and small, I have to make do with this - ( http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jon...rs/IMG_9433.jpg )(note the cowl-flap inspired cooling idea I've got going with the side panel of my tower leaning on my PS3. Closed when off, open when on. Nice and cool for that 7 year old processor)I manage quite easily. I also personally prefer this to having the joystick upon a desk, as this is more immersive. I'm expecting a wave of "Your stick of joy is between your legs" comments, here.(it's also cool because the TV is right above the PC monitor. Long flights? No problem ;D)( http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jon...rs/IMG_9431.jpg )( http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jon...rs/IMG_9427.jpg )Keyboard on left, Mouse on right, Notebook laptop on right with charts, etc. Notepad on lap to take the old notes on the fly.All set.Feel free to share your setups.Pictures would be a welcome bonus, too ;)- Jon

-------------I consider the FS Setup I've got going on to be somewhat obscure. I was wondering if anyone can beat me with something really odd.- Jon
---------------------------Jon- here is another compact FS setup. The whole thing fits into a 44" wide space- behind the door in the master bedroom of our condo!! Table is a cut down slab door on steel/folding utility legs. Processor & UPS is on a castered/roll out tray on the floor below along with a 12" speaker and PFC Cirrus rudder pedals.How did I persuade her to go along with that? - well she got BR#2 for a sewing room! (You get a bit cunning after 50 years married!)I can't beat the age of your sys- but mine is going on 6 yrs. An AMD XP 2200/1.8, 2GB ram, 2 GeForceFX5200 cards (AGP/PCI). Runs even PMDG 747 OK with FS9 settings backed off slightly.With Ultimate Terrain & Ground Environment, FS9 is delightful for "low and slow".The old stereo amp on the shelf also powers a sub/sub woofer bolted to the frame of my office style armchair. The vibes through your elbows add considerable realism!Cheers Alex ReidDreamFleet Bonanza- Dawn on final for KLAX R6R (note 3 diff. monitors- 2 LCDs & a CRT! Excess bluish tone due to outside light.)

I don't know if I would call it odd -but here is mine...

Guest Gander

You guys make me envious: such great, innovative setups to absolutely maximize the resources available. If I had 40 years less age and 40 times more computer-savvy I'd do that sort of thing too!

Guest lgvpilot1
This used to be my setup in my dorm last year. I have since relocated.
Move the three of spades onto the four of hearts*there is always someone looking over your shoulder telling you what to do when playing this game *Mark

You guys make me envious: such great, innovative setups to absolutely maximize the resources available. If I had 40 years less age and 40 times more computer-savvy I'd do that sort of thing too!
---------------------Gander- Just start playing and being a kid again- lots of help in the forums if you get stuck. I'm in my 4th quarter century- and I still get all sweaty just taking off the processor side cover to blow out dust! Which I do faithfully every couple of years! I didn't know how to Email until I was 75! Ignorance has lead me to experiment and accomplish things over the years that I would never have tried otherwise! Never too late to try something new.I tell my lady that it keeps Alzheimer's away!!!Alex ReidDreamFleet Baron Holding for dawn TO clearance- CYYJ R09

Where did you get that throttle quadrant Geoff?

Where did you get that throttle quadrant Geoff?
A nice simmer sent it to me out of the blue! (It is attached to a ch quad).

I tried taking a picture of my simpit, but it didn't pan out-- all my gear's set up in a 4x4 linen closet, and I'd need a fish-eye lens to capture the shot. Small quarters, but surprisingly comfortable. Makes an actual C152 seem roomy by comparison, though.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guest evanxmcr

like the original poster i have a tv closeby in a similar kinda setup :( really came in handy when i flew my 7 hr nonstop one weekend ;)

Does the Pepsi act as speed brakes? :(

Move the three of spades onto the four of hearts*there is always someone looking over your shoulder telling you what to do when playing this game *Mark
What if I want to move the six of hearts onto the seven of clubs? :( :(Those cards are actually one-of-a-kind. For one thing, I'm on them. :(

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.