Sign in to follow this  
Chock

This'll make you laugh

Ok-trying to be neutral-but if the plane was in Iraq airspace-who was the one with the bad attitude? Understand US bashing is/has been the rage but maybe the facts might enter the equation....

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story...

Ok-trying to be neutral-but if the plane was in Iraq airspace-who was the one with the bad attitude? Understand US bashing is/has been the rage but maybe the facts might enter the equation....
It might not be easy to determine who was in who's airspace in this incident. It probably happens all the time over there. Dogfights occur regularly between Turkey and Greece over airspace issues, luckily without engagement :( In this case it's probably over disputed airspace, one party doesn't accept the other's decision. All this of course is subject to international law.I don't like bashing countries/cultures in these types of discussions, it's just useless and childish. Besides, humour is the objective here, right?I believe war is an extremely serious phenomenon simply because people get killed so there should never be gung-ho lines or high fives or whatever...I prefer to believe the communications in that story have been modified intended for humour, at least I hope so. :( I agree with the poster above, the facts shouldn't spoil this great story :(

It might not be easy to determine who was in who's airspace in this incident. It probably happens all the time over there. Dogfights occur regularly between Turkey and Greece over airspace issues, luckily without engagement :( In this case it's probably over disputed airspace, one party doesn't accept the other's decision. All this of course is subject to international law.I don't like bashing countries/cultures in these types of discussions, it's just useless and childish. Besides, humour is the objective here, right?I believe war is an extremely serious phenomenon simply because people get killed so there should never be gung-ho lines or high fives or whatever...I prefer to believe the communications in that story have been modified intended for humour, at least I hope so. :( I agree with the poster above, the facts shouldn't spoil this great story :(
I don't have a problem with the story...

How is the first story offensive or US warmongering?Just my opinion, any fighter pilot who would have answered differently, should find a new line of work.

Guest RudeAwakening

Not really. I was at fault here. I had understood the airplane WAS in Iranian territory. So the whole thing is really my bad :(The story about the lighthouse was told to me as a Portugese sailingship and an oilriggAnd as a USS Carrier vs OilriggOn the IJselmeer in the Netherlands there is a roadcrossing very close to the water that has caused several navigation errors because of the traffic lights (no joke)