Sign in to follow this  
CapnOz

MD11 BETA tester confirm this...

I would like to know if my DOME light is operating correctly. Its seems that after the FSX update... tthe dome light ONLY works while an engine or engines are running.....when I shut them off, I loose my dome light.. EVEN IF i am hooked to EXT or APU power. Please verify this is or is not correct. Thank you.Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Peter, the dome light should still function when you are using EXT or APU power. I just checked to make sure and everything is working fine here.Does this happen all the time? If you load the MD-11, start the APU, then shut-off the engines, does it still happen?

I would like to know if my DOME light is operating correctly. Its seems that after the FSX update... tthe dome light ONLY works while an engine or engines are running.....when I shut them off, I loose my dome light.. EVEN IF i am hooked to EXT or APU power. Please verify this is or is not correct. Thank you.Peter Osborn
I e-mailed support regarding this issue and the answer is that the dome light will only work once at least one engine has started. I limitation of the design of the simulation.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I e-mailed support regarding this issue and the answer is that the dome light will only work once at least one engine has started. I limitation of the design of the simulation.
Really, sound's like a "weak" excuse to me. Im fairly sure that prior to the 1.2 patch I could run just the APU and have the dome light on. In 1.2 the thunderstorm lighting works when just the APU is on.I remember I used to sit parked with the APU running and the dome light on.Surely this is a bug in 1.2 ?edit: Im talking about the VC. It works as expected in the 2D cockpit
Peter, the dome light should still function when you are using EXT or APU power. I just checked to make sure and everything is working fine here.Does this happen all the time? If you load the MD-11, start the APU, then shut-off the engines, does it still happen?
Same problem for me! In the VC with just APU (no engines) the dome light does not work. However it works in the 2D as expected!

Matthew S

Thanks Guys...Mike,Yes it happens ALL the time and only having the problem in the VC. I should not have to start APU ,shut down , start engines etc etc.... and all this to get my dome light working. If I remember correctly it worked fine BEFORE the very first (1.1) update. Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Yes it happens ALL the time and only having the problem in the VC. I should not have to start APU ,shut down , start engines etc etc.... and all this to get my dome light working. If I remember correctly it worked fine BEFORE the very first (1.1) update.
Peter, yeah, I didn't realize you were talking about the VC when I said that, and I only checked the 2D cockpit. I tend to have a one track mind at times as I'm a 2D only guy. Sorry for any confusion. :(

Ryan,Can you confirm this is a bug?Thanks-Peter

Peter Osborn

Peter, this is stated in the "PMDG Ops" of the website:"Panel window limitThe MD-11 uses a very advanced and unique system to deliver such high fidelity cockpit lighting and panel view options. FS has a 64 window limit for panels and by default the MD-11 uses up 61 of them. This means that you have to be aware of this and can only attempt to use a maximum of 3 other panel windows associated with other addons. This includes things like FS2Crew, the Active Sky radar gauge, ProFlight 2000 Emulator, and anything else that installs itself as a panel window.If you go over this limit you will lose MD-11 panel functionality and begin seeing problems with the panel lighting. If you are having issues with the panel, especially in the VC, first ensure that you are not trying to use more than 64 panel windows."Link:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...AQ#Cabin_LightsRegardsStefano Rossi

Nice thought but that's not the case I've only got one additional window in my FSX MD-11 and the dome light doesn't work in the VC with the engines or APU off, it seems someone messed up the light power source dependency in the VC, it can be fixed but I wonder whether a small bug like this will be, I would have thought PMDG are getting quite itchy to get the MD-11's off to Aerosoft now for CD duplication, who knows.

Cheers, Andy.

Yes, I use NO OTHER programs while I run FSX. But thanks for the info. Ufortunatley that is not it.Im wondering why PMDG will not reply....They have not answered my Email to support I sent out two days ago. I will NOT accept the answer " FS limtations" , because PMDG has stated many times if it can not be simulated properly, they will not simulate it at all.Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Well guys, thats exactly what I got as a response........I find it interesting, that there was no public response from them here.Dissapointed ...to say the least., with the DOME LIGHT and the response.(As a paying customer, I have that right!)Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Peter, I am not sure how you could be a happy paying customer. You asked for a beta tester to respond and one did. You asked support for a response and that took a couple of days because the subject got reviewed by several developers and beta team members, and when you got the response you were not happy. Sorry about that fella.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,Thanks-I should respond for further clarification. The dissapointment I am refering to: the resonse I got by support....and the dome light being (incorrectly) simulated.... rightfully so, I did get a response from them, just not the one I would expect. The beta testers have done there job, and I appreciate that in fact YOU DID respond. Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn-As a long time contributor to this forum- your post above is really beyond what I would have expected from you. You've been here long enough to know that this forum is not operated on the premise that a PMDG member is somehow required to answer any question posted here.But- even with this decade long tradition in place, please allow me, on behalf of the entire PMDG team, to be the first to apologize for the fact that none of us has jumped up to answer your moral demand for us to respect your RIGHTS by answering your posts. While we do our best to read the thousand-plus posts that take place here each week, I neglected to mention to the team that we should place your RIGHTS ahead of all others in the forum.Had I done so, we might not have assumed that because we've already answered this question a half dozen times- that you might take the time to self-educate and discover that yes, indeed this is a limitation of the simulation that was in fact BROKEN in the original V1.10 update- and had to be fixed (ie: returned to it's original functionality) in v1.20.0055....But- as was so notably pointed out by matthew, the actual technical explanation for the functionality is "weak" so i won't bother either of you with the need to learn why...I'd hate to burden either of you, and taking the time to do so might also reduce the time I can spend being concerned about your RIGHTS.If you take some time to look around you- you might find that the members of this team put quite a bit of effort into reading, responding to, and interacting with customers here. The moment you decide that you are more deserving of an answer than any other- it is perhaps time to start reading rather than posting...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob,Thank for your response-But you misunderstand. I never ONCE said I had a RIGHT to a response. What I said was that I have a right to be disapointed as a paying customer.... I still am of the same opinion about you incorrectly simulating a LIGHT. I can live with it, as there are so MANY GREAT things about this product ( and others) that it will and can be overlooked as I just wont use the light. Furthermore, I am 99.9 percent positive that in its "original functionality" it operated just fine ( with the enigines OFF) BEFORE the 1.1 update. But I guess it does't matter anymore since it now is a "limitation" issue. Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn