Sign in to follow this  
Guest DTSViper

Transponder Ident Crashes FSX

Guest DTSViper

Howdy all! I have been trying the VoxATC-X demo on FSX for almost a week now. I really enjoy the controller chat, but everytime I am requested to switch my transponder and "ident", FSX crashes. I have changed the keys that control ident with no change in behavior. I have also had the ident function tied to a button on my throttle controller for Saitek Pro Flight throttle quadrant. I have even been able to hit ident when I am sitting on the taxiway and within seconds, the simulation will crash.I am running FSX on a Vista 32-bit machine with a quad Intel processor and 4 Gig of RAM. I don't have any other add-ons currently running or installed. I did try It's Your Plane, but that was removed as was FSUIPC.Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I really like this program, but am hesitating on purchasing at this point. I have also considered trying this setup on Vista 64-bit with 8 Gig RAM to see what happens.Happy Landings!

Guest Lion

Hi,So far I haven't heard of this problem before. As a Beta tester i'm using Vista 32-bit myself. Using Vista 64-bit problably won't help you because VoxATC is running as a 32-bit application under Vista. I think your problem has to do with key assignment. With 'FSX crashes' you mean it shuts down, freezes or resets? When not using Ident no problems occur?Lion Beta tester

Guest DTSViper
Hi,So far I haven't heard of this problem before. As a Beta tester i'm using Vista 32-bit myself. Using Vista 64-bit problably won't help you because VoxATC is running as a 32-bit application under Vista. I think your problem has to do with key assignment. With 'FSX crashes' you mean it shuts down, freezes or resets? When not using Ident no problems occur?LionBeta tester
Lion,I suspected key assignment as well. I have had it tied to the "I" keyboard key, one of the lower buttons on the Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant and also a couple of other buttons/keys. All settings seem to have the same effect. When the I am handed off to Center and they request a transponder change and then an ident, I get a collision detected if I have Object Collisions enabled. If Object Collision is off then FSX seems to hang and go no-response. The last time I tried it, FSX crashed and restarted, but VoxATC would no longer work correctly and even kept talking after I closed FSX down.Everything seems to be fine until I hit the ident key. I suspect my best option at this point is a clean reinstall with all my current add-ons. That was one of the reasons for considering a jump to Vista 64-bit as I could then use all 8 Gig of memory and have an OS dedicated to my simulation. The 32-bit Vista would be used for general email, internet and finance-type stuff (dual drive, dual boot).Sincerely,David