Sign in to follow this  
turner112

FSNavigator questions

Hi - First, the FSnavigator site says this product has:SID/STAR direct Up-/Download from dedicated Internet ServerandAutomatic Routing by Airways and SID/STARs***First, what is required for the upload/download, and which server?Second, is it free, or subscription, or what?Also, I was looking for a review of this here but didn't find one - anybody know where to find a review?Last, I assume this can be used just fine without uploading sectionals for it.... Yah?Thanks,Andrew

Hi Andrew,>First, what is required for the upload/download, and which>server?Only a regular internet connection - the program connects to a private server. No high speed necessary - d'loads of updated sids/stars are small files (avg. about 50kb each).>Second, is it free, or subscription, or what?No subscription - paid for with license. For starters, you can download all sids/stars in one big archive off of the fsnavigator site, then later d'load the updates from within fsnav. Actually, updated stars/sids are uploaded by fsnav users - they get reviewed for correctness before being released for general d'load.>Also, I was looking for a review of this here but didn't find>one - anybody know where to find a review?Go here: http://www.fsnordic.net/article/review/other/fsn.php>Last, I assume this can be used just fine without uploading>sectionals for it.... Yah?Correct - Map view is built-in. There's a db-utility which scans all your scenery (default and add-on), whereby the data found is then included in the map view.What's so good about fsnav is, that it's flexible in what you can do with it: It can be used in many different ways, just as you prefer. The extremes: It'll fly the whole flight for you. On the otherhand, you can also just use it for flight planning and then do the flying yourself and keep it running as a moving map. Lot's of possibilities inbetween.I think it's money very well spent.Cheers, Peter

Guest cw1011

I second the motion. I can't imagine flying or flight planning without it.

Andrew,>... still looking for a reviewDid you see the link in my reply - or are you looking for another review? :-lol (sorry, but I don't know of any other reviews)>I guess I just fancy reading operational stuff, but, you never>know...You might want to visit the fsnavigator forum with this webinterface or point your news reader to news.simflight.com to browse the newsgroup simflight.fsnav4.Hope this helps, Peter

Just download it and try it for free - the first twenty goes do not require the license. Who knows you might be one of the lucky ones to get a free registration.Chas

Just an opinion, but I think it's the best single add-on ever done for any version of MSFS. Download it and try it. The first 20 runs are free.Trip

Heh... whoops!So eager to read what you wrote I skipped over the link. Sar-e!Andrew>Andrew,>>>... still looking for a review>Did you see the link in my reply - or are you looking for>another review? :-lol (sorry, but I don't know of any>other reviews)>>>I guess I just fancy reading operational stuff, but, you>never>>know...>You might want to visit the fsnavigator forum with this>webinterface>or point your news reader to news.simflight.com to browse the>newsgroup simflight.fsnav4.>>Hope this helps, Peter>