Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZEROPAPAALPHA

Zero hits and no luck with Beta 8

Guest ZEROPAPAALPHA

HelloUsed to use Tileproxy with no issues and it was amazing.Now upgraded my PC to one that can handle FSX and find tileproxy 8 doesnt work for me.I have read manual at length.When loading I get preloads but no hits for tiles at all, no tiles are loaded into any cache and of course scene I get is just bare terrain.I am trying to load areas like San Francisco, and I am not using ACME of course lolAny suggestions would be welcome(btw this is Sunstriker changed name some time back )best regardsRich

Guest ZEROPAPAALPHA
HelloUsed to use Tileproxy with no issues and it was amazing.Now upgraded my PC to one that can handle FSX and find tileproxy 8 doesnt work for me.I have read manual at length.When loading I get preloads but no hits for tiles at all, no tiles are loaded into any cache and of course scene I get is just bare terrain.I am trying to load areas like San Francisco, and I am not using ACME of course lolAny suggestions would be welcome(btw this is Sunstriker changed name some time back )best regardsRich
Now working - it seens I had some system problems after upgrading - now sorted

Guest cbuchner1
Now working - it seens I had some system problems after upgrading - now sorted
Did the problem go away after rebooting, or was more serious reconfiguration required to fix it?

Guest ZEROPAPAALPHA
Did the problem go away after rebooting, or was more serious reconfiguration required to fix it?
Hi thx for askingWell problem went away once I had sorted out display driver issues but I cant explain why.Now I get fab results sometimes well in excess of 1000 tpsI love my Phenom tri core...and tileproxy of courseRich

Guest cbuchner1
Hi thx for askingWell problem went away once I had sorted out display driver issues but I cant explain why.Now I get fab results sometimes well in excess of 1000 tpsI love my Phenom tri core...and tileproxy of courseRich
I am going to get a Phenom 710 for one of my machines as well.Now regarding Tileproxy, I have to admit my interests have shifted away from flight simulation somewhat. I will stick around on the support forums, but a new version of Tileproxy is rather unlikely in the short term. Part of this is due to Microsoft simply axing the ACES game studio. Another part is because I feel a rework of Tileproxy would be a lot of work (more effort than I am willing to spend), so I am looking into new ventures right now.I am experimenting a lot with CUDA GPU programming and I am getting interested in physics engines at this point. I want to program a realtime simulation of a coin arcade machine (a machine that mechanically pushes coins and the player has to strategically drop in coins in order to win some more coins than he invested). Simulating hundreds of coins colliding and interacting is a major difficulty and may require the computational power of a GPU to do. I've played these machines on a recent trip to Shanghai and I loved it. So I want a computer based version that doesn't suck the life out ouf my wallet.Anyway, this is not related ot this thread by any means - but I think some of you might want to know what's up with Tileproxy. The answer is that it has been pretty much on hold since Beta 8. Oops.Christian

Guest ZEROPAPAALPHA
I am going to get a Phenom 710 for one of my machines as well.Now regarding Tileproxy, I have to admit my interests have shifted away from flight simulation somewhat. I will stick around on the support forums, but a new version of Tileproxy is rather unlikely in the short term. Part of this is due to Microsoft simply axing the ACES game studio. Another part is because I feel a rework of Tileproxy would be a lot of work (more effort than I am willing to spend), so I am looking into new ventures right now.I am experimenting a lot with CUDA GPU programming and I am getting interested in physics engines at this point. I want to program a realtime simulation of a coin arcade machine (a machine that mechanically pushes coins and the player has to strategically drop in coins in order to win some more coins than he invested). Simulating hundreds of coins colliding and interacting is a major difficulty and may require the computational power of a GPU to do. I've played these machines on a recent trip to Shanghai and I loved it. So I want a computer based version that doesn't suck the life out ouf my wallet.Anyway, this is not related ot this thread by any means - but I think some of you might want to know what's up with Tileproxy. The answer is that it has been pretty much on hold since Beta 8. Oops.Christian
Hiyes, I remember those machines too, always lost my pennies lol; sounds complicated from a programming perspective.How would you convince punters it wasnt fixed?Phenom tri core are great value; FSX runs smooth and 30 fps all sliders maxxed. TP can ive 2000 tps sometimes what a difference. They also run cool. I would go for a 720 though, cheap enough, around 100 GBP!Best of luck with everything and thx once again for your workRich

I am brand new to TP and having the same problem. The tiles are loading in the cache but the "number of tiles accessed" stays at zero. I have flown with and without TP running and see no difference in scenery.I followed the Quick Start Tutorial and have RTFM two or three times, but still no joy.I have verified the TP install made the default changes to the FSX.CFG.I set the cache up on a separate drive N:\TPcache. It contains two folders: cache.service3 and TileProxy Photoreal World. Should there be cache.service1 and cache.service4?The system is a i7 920, VISTA 64 and FSX + Acceleration.Seems like the service that moves the tile from the cache to FSX isn't working?Any help would be appreciated.alanThanks,Alan