Sign in to follow this  
Andymk

Looking for simplified checklist

Hi,I was just wondering if there is a simplified checklist downloadable somewhere, that contains the times and events of both CPT and FO? Some sort of single page pdf reference.RegardsLuca

Guest Mendota
Hi,I was just wondering if there is a simplified checklist downloadable somewhere, that contains the times and events of both CPT and FO? Some sort of single page pdf reference.RegardsLuca
The Quick Start Guide has only the (76) bare essential steps :-) There is also a checklist for normal operations. The tutorial is sandwiched in between these. It is all in the documents, but I sympathize with the need for something very straightforward.With all due respect to FS2Crew, the tutorial was difficult for me, especially in the optional pre-flight phase. It would be improved, in my opinion, by clearly integrating the 76 steps (actually I think it starts at no. 16 if you leave the set-up out) into the tutorial so you could use it to learn what to do with FS2Crew without being distracted by wondering where the O2 panel is to set it to 100% dilution. (There isn't one, as far as I know. But if you're just learning the airplane and FS2Crew, you don't necessarily know that, and if you've used the Airbus edition, you might be expecting it.)What I found helpful was to copy the Quick Start steps section, paste it into a text document, then cut and paste the checklists into the appropriate part of the Quick Start step-by-step. Where something is a little more complicated (like emergency testing) I did the same from the tutorial. It wouldn't be much more to note explicitly what you have to do and what the FO really does (as opposed to you doing stuff on behalf of the FO). You could also put the times in if you wanted to. It will run more like five pages, but it is a good learning tool in both creating it and using it.So I don't know about one page.I was very frustrated at first, because the Airbus tutorial made it easy to learn, and the Wilco product, while good, is just simpler. I was expecting to jump in and know where I was at. I floundered until I made the gouge I described above.Hope this helps.Tim Capps

Hi Tim,We did the best we could with the manual. The MD-11 is a very complex aircraft (more complex than an Airbus in my view), and to try to condense what in the real-world would be a month to two month course into a single page is not easy :( There is just so much information to convey, and all of it is important.However, since no doubt many of my users are better writers and edtors than me, let's hold a public competition.FS2Crew MD-11 Quick Start Tutorial CompetitionRules: Contestant must create a Quick Start document for FS2Crew MD-11 that documents a complete flight.Page limit max: 2 pages.Competition closes April 15th, 2009.Winner will receive 50 Euros cash (via Paypal) and a 50 Euro FS2Crew Store Credit. Total value: 100 Euros.Submit entries to: admin@fs2crew.comMay whoever is the most proficient with Word/Quark/MS Publisher win!Cheers,

Guest Mendota

Two pages huh? Better make a minimum font requirment :-) Two pages will be tough. But sounds like fun.