Sign in to follow this  
Guest acebrando7

PSS Aircraft

Guest acebrando7

I remember reading a post about PSS quite a while ago on one of the sub-forums here. Where can I look into getting a couple products they made since they are no longer in operation?One post said they deserved to go out of business. Several people agreed and said that you could download their stuff for free. That cannot possibly be legitimate, right?Another post said that some retailer was still carrying some PSS software. If that is the case -- Then who is making a profit?Clarification on the above would be greatly appreciated.brando

Justflight.com sells the PSS packages now. There are no freeware or abandonware versions available as far as I know.

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Guest acebrando7
Justflight.com sells the PSS packages now. There are no freeware or abandonware versions available as far as I know.
Thank you for the reply. I looked at Justflight.com and the PSS products are there -- but who is making money on that stuff?Another example of Justflight's store is that they are selling a piece of add-on software that has been freeware for some time, "Ready for Pushback 747-200"brando

Thank you for the reply. I looked at Justflight.com and the PSS products are there -- but who is making money on that stuff?Another example of Justflight's store is that they are selling a piece of add-on software that has been freeware for some time, "Ready for Pushback 747-200"brando
Where is "Ready for Pushback 747-200" available as freeware?

Where is "Ready for Pushback 747-200" available as freeware?
--------------mgh- check the AVSIM library. Here's a pic with all the sub panels displayed.Alex Reid

--------------mgh- check the AVSIM library. Here's a pic with all the sub panels displayed.Alex Reid
I did but can't find it. All I can find are repaints, textures and modifications. What's the file name?

File name for Ready for Pushback is rfp_v2.zip.I too had trouble finding it- finally got it by searching for Author: Ralph TofflemireAlex Reid

Guest acebrando7

Anyone can also get Ready For Pushback here as well, it is where I first saw it: http://www.simviation.com/fs2004jets211.htmTo my knowledge, it has been at simviation for a long time; out of 266 download pages under their MSFS 2004 Civil Jet download section, Ready For Pushback is on page 211. If you look on that site you will see that one can download not only the original package, but you can also download the package manual as well as 9 livery packages.Therefore how is it that Justflight can sell freeware for profit?However, no one has answered my question regarding PSS.Is the above a possible reason as to why Avsim forum managers deleted, and/or moved, my post concerning these issues I had orginally posted in the general "Hangar Chat" forum?brando

Brando,When PSS went out of business, JF continued selling their products under licence so they are still making a profit as any business. The original PSS software has never been released as freeware - I assume that ownership remained with the individual developers or PSS CEO {sic}. Last year, it was suggested that PSS may return - the latest is here:http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/I am not optimistic but would like to see PSS return - if only because {pending LDS of course } from a pilot's viewpoint, they have the best version of the 757 currently available. And I suspect that it would take one of the original team about 5 minutes to finsh the FSX update that was in hand when PSS shut down.So your answer is either buy from JF - good value with their regular sales and you can get support here - or wait in case PSS return.John R

File name for Ready for Pushback is rfp_v2.zip.I too had trouble finding it- finally got it by searching for Author: Ralph TofflemireAlex Reid
Thanks

...However, no one has answered my question regarding PSS.Is the above a possible reason as to why Avsim forum managers deleted, and/or moved, my post concerning these issues I had orginally posted in the general "Hangar Chat" forum?
The most likely eason it was moved isbecause you posted in the wrong forum to begin with. This is the PSS forum

Guest acebrando7

Thanks for the replies.I am going to contact JustFlight to see if they have an agreement in place with the former owner of PSS. At the same time I am going to ask them what kind of an agreement they have, if any, with the developer of Ready For Pushback; selling freeware is simply hard to understand.brando

Thanks for the replies.I am going to contact JustFlight to see if they have an agreement in place with the former owner of PSS. At the same time I am going to ask them what kind of an agreement they have, if any, with the developer of Ready For Pushback; selling freeware is simply hard to understand.brando
I look forward to hearing the reply- possibly "1 - Yes and "2 - Mind your own business?

Guest acebrando7
I look forward to hearing the reply- possibly "1 - Yes and "2 - Mind your own business?
I had a feeling that if I were to contact Just Flight directly, that they would never respond. So I posted my questions in their forum. Let's see if I am simply brushed off, or if I get beat-up.brando

Guest acebrando7
They have only responded to "RFP 747-200" as of yet by saying that JustFlight has been selling "RFP" for a long time, and that "RFP" has been freeware for only a short time -- Well, they're wrong on that.They have not responded to my PSS questions yet -- Interesting, No?brando

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.