Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

ASA B594, airport metar never like real life

Guest 413X3

currently in the same with asa loaded, kjfk is reporting all different winds. now its at 220 degrees, yet the latest metar online shows 170. when fsx first loaded it had winds from 300 degreesI dont get it. I loaded a flight plan, and started fsx. do I need to hit refresh after fsx is loaded and the weather is set? I usually just advance time in fsx so it "takes"Does that not work anymore?Alex

Guest 413X3

also with clouds over water, such as off the coast of lax or jfk, i am getting ridiculous temperatures. right now off jfk the temp is +22 deg Celsius above 10k ft

Hi Alex,Sorry for the problems. Can you verify this is with B394 of ASA?Thanks,

Guest 413X3

oops I typed that wrong. yes 394

Guest 413X3

fsx w sp2, vista x64 as well

Hi,Is this with DWC On or Off in ASA?If it is On, then please try with it Off and see if that makes a difference.Is Lock to Closest On in ASA?If you have FSUIPC 4 installed, is that set to Default Settings and Weather Settings Off?Thanks,

Guest 413X3

i need dwc on to fly pmdg aircraft, lock to closest is on, but i loaded a flight plan, fsuipc is default with default weather settings

Hi,You might want to try DWC off and make the FSUIPC adjustments that the Revisions document discusses. We are still working to get things more accurate with that plane.Thanks,

Guest 413X3

It's too bad because that is basically the only flying I do these days. Either the PMDG 744F or the Pilatus PC-12 which runs perfect with your program. I did the ini changes to both fsuipc and fsx. So now I have to turn off turbulence all together using fsuipc?

Hi,It's the way that plane is using our data. We are aware and they are aware and the suggestions can be a work-around until further updates are released by both us and PMDG.Thanks,

Guest 413X3

ok dwc turned off, and still weird airport operations. the atc always tells me to land with a tail wind, and takeoff with a tail wind. even changing the sim time refreshes the weather, and wind, but does not open up the correct runways. this has never happened before... help!

Hi All,So even manually refreshing the AI system, which you now need to do, doesn't set the correct runways?Thanks,

Guest 413X3

i dont fly with AI, my system can only handle max settings and my own airplane! so my issue is just airport operations do not seem to be kept up to date with the weather changes

Hi,You still need to update with the AI button, because that updates the ATC system in FS as well.Thanks,