Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

The 10 Most Popular Questions about FS

Actually, when people ask about doing things in 3DSMax it always gets my alarm bells ringing. I would think it was unlikely that someone who has legitimately paid for a 3,000 big ones for a piece of software would be asking that, similarly a lot of other software too, especially Photoshop. There seem to be an awful lot of people who have Photoshop but don't know how to use it, which again would be a little unlikely when contemplating genuinely buying some software that costs well over 500 quid. :( Of course GMax is free and FSDS is only about 30 quid I seem to recall, but where the others are concerned maybe the answer to number 12 could be 'You can start off by actually buying it instead of using a hooky torrent copy, that way I'd only have to pay half of what I actually did for my genuine one'Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest jshyluk

I think it's the other way around, that there's an awful lot of Photoshop that can be used that nobody does. I teach a ten week course in Photoshop and just barely get through the basics. ImageReady? Fuggetaboudit, I leave that to the web-heads. I just deal with photos and layouts. Have you seen CS4? Probably, but what I mean is that thing is just nuts. There is no way any one person could use all of those functions and be good at them all (and still have a life). Piracy, though, well, I have my views on that scum-sucking breed. I don't kid myself on how many people have pirated copies of Photoshop, it's insane. All that visual power at their fingertips and they couldn't adjust a curve, make a path, or set a level to save their lives. If I say "histogram", they say gesundheit. They use rich black because they think it will make them wealthy. And they looooove their lens flare filter. Gahhh!!!!Well, that was a mighty diversion: Photoshop illiteracy and piracy, and you get a bonus vent with lens flare. I apologise there, lens flare is a dirty word for me. And this is way off track. Luis has it right, those questions are great, and the answers are priceless! Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Yup, I teach it too for my main job (and a lot of other programs as well). I have suffered the 'joy' of gaining many of the Adobe Certified Expert qualifications too over the years, and if if you want to see some really mad questions and ridiculous answers, check some of the ones for the A.C.E. exams.Thinking about it, you are probably right. It never ceases to amaze me how many times I train people on a Photoshop course who haven't got a clue about syncronising working spaces, despite the fact that they have been working in the industry using the program for years. How many times must the dialogue box have popped up warning them about it when they opened an image, and they never thought to find out what it meant?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest kwilson

Thank you Luis for posting these questions and answers. As a newbie I found them very helpful. I was just wondering though, could you please tell me exactly when FS11 will be released? Please also tell me exactly what features are in it and how much it will cost? Please also tell me exactly how much space I will need on my hard drive and please please tell me exactly what specified PC I should buy to run it?Thank you very much (from a clueless newbie :) ).PS Please also post some screenshots from FS11 as I would like to see what it look like.

Luis..... Great post. Sorry, I just could not resist. Here's my 5 minutes worth.Number 10. How can I get rid of the Blurries?Buy a book of matches and a stick of dynamite. Number 9. What is the best freeware airplane?That all depends on whether or not you actually know what a newsgroup server is.Number 8. How can I make it "as real as it gets"?Listen once again to those three very famous and recently spoken words. "You're all fired !"Number 7. If both pilots died, could I fly that Boeing?"Hexx yes !!!", if you just spent the last two hours in first class. "Not even a prayer", coming out of coach.Number 6. What is the most dangerous airport?All 24,000+ are tied at dead even if your machine is over a year and a half old.... and you use FSX.Number 5. How can I make FS look like Crysis?Chug a bottle (or two in some, to maybe even most cases) of Jack Daniels.Number 4. What are the essential tweaks so that my computer can run with all sliders at max?Just turn your monitor upside down. Works every time !!!Number 3. I misplaced my entire FS folder. Could somebody please send me a copy?Sure ol' buddy, just send me your e-mail address and I'll send you back an attachment.Number 2. I see some strange artifacts. Is it my memory?No. It's your habits.And the Number 1 Most Popular Question about FS is:Is it a game or is it a sim?That answer almost always depends entirely on whether or not you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Bob (We don't have enough to do out here in New Mexico)

Actually, when people ask about doing things in 3DSMax it always gets my alarm bells ringing. I would think it was unlikely that someone who has legitimately paid for a 3,000 big ones for a piece of software would be asking that, similarly a lot of other software too, especially Photoshop. There seem to be an awful lot of people who have Photoshop but don't know how to use it, which again would be a little unlikely when contemplating genuinely buying some software that costs well over 500 quid. :( Of course GMax is free and FSDS is only about 30 quid I seem to recall, but where the others are concerned maybe the answer to number 12 could be 'You can start off by actually buying it instead of using a hooky torrent copy, that way I'd only have to pay half of what I actually did for my genuine one'Al
I agree, why spend so much money (over 700 bucks for Photoshop CS4) if you won't learn it anyway?? GIMP is a much better alternative. Freeware and does a whole slew of things. Great for the pro and home user! Just takes some time to learn the UI. Sorry to interrupt the thread :(..http://www.gimp.orgMade my day Luis xD. Good job.What about "Why didn't Captain Sully just press CTRL + E after the bird strike???"