Sign in to follow this  
sobaya

tunning ATIS earlier Rc5

Hello, an idea to improve Rc5I would like to listen the ATIS earlier when i approach to an airport, know the landing runway ealier, ATIS only can be listened some miles near the airport....When i try to link my FCM many times i canot link the STARS becouse i am so near the airpot, and i only can link the runwayWould be great to have te capability of tunning the atis earlier so, we can program ours STARS in the FMC.Thanks

Hello, an idea to improve Rc5I would like to listen the ATIS earlier when i approach to an airport, know the landing runway ealier, ATIS only can be listened some miles near the airport....When i try to link my FCM many times i canot link the STARS becouse i am so near the airpot, and i only can link the runwayWould be great to have te capability of tunning the atis earlier so, we can program ours STARS in the FMC.Thanks
G'day,RC makes the decision about your landing runway primarily by looking at what other AI aircraft are doing at the arrival airport (this avoids nose to nose conflicts on the runway, when you land with them rather than against them). Unfortunately AI only appear at around 40nm around you and is difficult to see what is going on beyond that. In v5, jd might be looking to increase the distance you can get ATIS - but the consequence is that RC will specify the landing runway based on wind, runway length, and approach aids available. Only when you get closer than 40nm, you realize the AI are doing something completely different, and the landing runway therefore needs to change for you.So something like that may be worked out for v5, but eitherway it is normally a good idea to recheck your ATIS as you get close to the terminal area anyway. Unfortunately FS limitations sometimes play a significant part on what RC can do :(Subs

G'day,RC makes the decision about your landing runway primarily by looking at what other AI aircraft are doing at the arrival airport (this avoids nose to nose conflicts on the runway, when you land with them rather than against them). Unfortunately AI only appear at around 40nm around you and is difficult to see what is going on beyond that. In v5, jd might be looking to increase the distance you can get ATIS - but the consequence is that RC will specify the landing runway based on wind, runway length, and approach aids available. Only when you get closer than 40nm, you realize the AI are doing something completely different, and the landing runway therefore needs to change for you.So something like that may be worked out for v5, but eitherway it is normally a good idea to recheck your ATIS as you get close to the terminal area anyway. Unfortunately FS limitations sometimes play a significant part on what RC can do :(Subs
a minor correction. the way rc received information from fs, is through fsuipc. fsuipc can see the closest 96 ai. if there are no ai in your general vicinity, then it's possible i can see ai at your arrival airport earlier (further away). but in reality, at 70 miles from departure, when you receive your crossing restriction, i don't see many ai at your arrival airport. i may see ai that are landing at your arrival airport, but they haven't been assigned a runway by ms atc yet. so they are all a mystery.it's only when you are about 45-55 miles out, do the ai start showing up, and have runways assigned. that is when i can make an accurate determination of the landing runways.

a minor correction. the way rc received information from fs, is through fsuipc. fsuipc can see the closest 96 ai. if there are no ai in your general vicinity, then it's possible i can see ai at your arrival airport earlier (further away). but in reality, at 70 miles from departure, when you receive your crossing restriction, i don't see many ai at your arrival airport. i may see ai that are landing at your arrival airport, but they haven't been assigned a runway by ms atc yet. so they are all a mystery.it's only when you are about 45-55 miles out, do the ai start showing up, and have runways assigned. that is when i can make an accurate determination of the landing runways.
I dont know much about progamming or FSUIPC, etc, etc, etc.Just think that would be great to get the ATIS earlierGood luck

I dont know much about progamming or FSUIPC, etc, etc, etc.Just think that would be great to get the ATIS earlierGood luck
SobayaThis has been raised several times before.It seems the limitation is due to the AI in FS9 really, as in the real world aircraft are given their STARS much further out,often at 200 miles away.If there is likely to be a runway change they are usually told to be prepared for it.JD once told me about a very useful utility in FSUIPC called Trafficlook.Extract that and there's a chance you may be able to see what the AI are doing at your arrival airport.It can be very informative.Arrival ATIS broadcasts are usually receivable much further away than they are in RC4 ceratinly when up at high levels but it's the AI that dictate what's going on it seems.

SobayaThis has been raised several times before.It seems the limitation is due to the AI in FS9 really, as in the real world aircraft are given their STARS much further out,often at 200 miles away.If there is likely to be a runway change they are usually told to be prepared for it.JD once told me about a very useful utility in FSUIPC called Trafficlook.Extract that and there's a chance you may be able to see what the AI are doing at your arrival airport.It can be very informative.Arrival ATIS broadcasts are usually receivable much further away than they are in RC4 ceratinly when up at high levels but it's the AI that dictate what's going on it seems.
i have the ability to give you the weather report for any airport, anywhere in the world, at any time/distance. but if you are 2000 miles away, i bet the weather changes before you get there. so there is a practical/useful limit to it. 70 miles seems to work pretty well.if trafficlook can see what the ai are doing from a certain distance from the airport, RC can see what the ai are doing at the same distance. we use the same functions.it seems that the runway, a component of the atis message, is what is of real interest here. and that is what is the hardest to arrive at. it's going to be more of a guess at what the ai are doing, the further away from the airport you go.

i have the ability to give you the weather report for any airport, anywhere in the world, at any time/distance. but if you are 2000 miles away, i bet the weather changes before you get there. so there is a practical/useful limit to it. 70 miles seems to work pretty well.if trafficlook can see what the ai are doing from a certain distance from the airport, RC can see what the ai are doing at the same distance. we use the same functions.it seems that the runway, a component of the atis message, is what is of real interest here. and that is what is the hardest to arrive at. it's going to be more of a guess at what the ai are doing, the further away from the airport you go.
This seems interesting and a great help for my problem......JD once told me about a very useful utility in FSUIPC called Trafficlook.Extract that and there's a chance you may be able to see what the AI are doing at your arrival airport.It can be very informative.I will try