Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Lago Maddog 2004 instalaltion porked my FS2004

I have been patiently building my fS9 for 3 months now. Tonight I reinstalled for the first time the Lago Maddog 2004 v 151_03. This causes my FS9 to crash on initial load - it does not go past 0%.I can only start it in some areas of the world. Most of Europe and the US will crash FS9.I ran the Lago uninstallers but they did not do a good job. I had to manually remove some files. I also want to remove the Lago menu item - how do I do that ?Anybody got any good tips on cleaning out Lago files ? One other detail : During the initial installation I was asked to confirm overwriting some files. Does anybody know which would these be ? :( :( :( Thanks for any tips/suggestions

Sorry I can't help with the overwrite files, But to remove the LAGO entry in the bar goto your modules folder in FS9 and look for ViMaCore2004.dll Removing that will get rid of it.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest belga1

Hello,Maybe to try ....If you can install this plane in a temporary folder (give this path from the installer) ...You can see where are the original folders of FS2004 the install send files ...So with and from your original(s) CD's FS2004 you can copy over and so .. see easy wich originals files has been overwrited ....Regards.bye.gif

Thanks guys. These are good tips to keep in mind for future problems.In the meantime, I figured it out. The ViMaCore file is the culprit. It made problems with Aerosoft's AES-supported sceneries. Simply running the AES basepack fixes the problem. AES automatically detects the old version of ViMaCore and overwrites it with a new one.Never ran into the problem before because I had the Maddog installed way before AES came out :-)

Guest Tingoose
Hello,Maybe to try ....If you can install this plane in a temporary folder (give this path from the installer) ...You can see where are the original folders of FS2004 the install send files ...So with and from your original(s) CD's FS2004 you can copy over and so .. see easy wich originals files has been overwrited ....Regards.bye.gif
Belga1's tip is a very useful one and one that I use a lot even if I don't have problems. Sometimes I just want to know where everything is going to end up. Occasionally though, some addons won't play if they need to recognise an FS9 installation before installing.

Belga1's tip is a very useful one and one that I use a lot even if I don't have problems. Sometimes I just want to know where everything is going to end up. Occasionally though, some addons won't play if they need to recognise an FS9 installation before installing.
That's why I made another FS folder structure named exactly as the real one. So, if my real FS installation is on D:\FS2004, I will make another folder on D:\ named "FS2004 fake" and make all FS folders inside plus put in FS9.exe there to fool installers. When I want to install something, I will rename my real FS folder to "FS2004 Real" and rename "Fs2004 fake" to "FS2004", thus fooling installers that look either in registry or for FS9.exe into believing that they have a complete FS installation. Works practically every time. Regards,Jure

Thanks guys. These are good tips to keep in mind for future problems.In the meantime, I figured it out. The ViMaCore file is the culprit. It made problems with Aerosoft's AES-supported sceneries. Simply running the AES basepack fixes the problem. AES automatically detects the old version of ViMaCore and overwrites it with a new one.Never ran into the problem before because I had the Maddog installed way before AES came out :-)
So Lago Maddog 2004 instalaltion didn't pork your FS2004??????

So Lago Maddog 2004 instalaltion didn't pork your FS2004??????
Yes, it did. It installed an out-of-date file that had problems with AES-supported airports. AES fixed it automatically by updating it. The only issue I have left is that FS9 crashes on exit - will not exit gracefully. But I can live with that.

Yes, it did. It installed an out-of-date file that had problems with AES-supported airports. AES fixed it automatically by updating it. The only issue I have left is that FS9 crashes on exit - will not exit gracefully. But I can live with that.
Isn't that the wrong way round? You said "Never ran into the problem before because I had the Maddog installed way before AES came out :-)". How do you expect Maddog to be able to cater for AES way before AES came out? Surely AES "porked" your FS2004 by assuming that it already had a particular version of ViMACore installed? AES is the only one that knows what version it requires.