Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilot_guru

DA GetRight prompts for "username-password" IExpl OK...

I read the solution posted here, which was to change download accelerators. But I've already paid good money for GetRight and don't want to pay any more for StarDownloader. This is a problem which I have only recently started to experience.This is a new problem and is unique to the AVSIM library. GetRight downloads from other sites OK. What happens is that GetRight, my download accelerator which I have set up to run at what I assume are the quiet early morning hours, prompts with a window asking for my ftp username and password. I've tried all the combinations I can think of including the password that was issued by AVSIM. An FTP connection is never made using GetRight.My GetRight is current. Files download OK from AVSIM if I close GetRight and use IExplorer.Any one else experiencing this problem?Is an FTP login username and password now required?Larry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Stranger still....The first two downloads today with GetRight went OK. The third kept popping up the enter ftp password/username prompt. Must be that AVSIM has limited downloads to two files perday?LJ

Hi! I also got the have the same problem, just recently. I have downloaded tons of files from AVSIM using Getright before, which doesn't have a glitch. But now, I also experience the same dilemma.Getright is the best DA I have known so far. There should be a problem with the AVSIM library FTP or whatever.

I am having the same problem. Must be an issue with the file library. I have downloaded countless files from Avsim before using Get Right, without problem. This is the only place that I have been having problems with today.cheers,Dave

Guys,I regret to inform you that the AVSIM Library does not work well with GetRight. I am not sure of the specifics, but ever since the new library system, many users have reported problems, and we concluded that GetRight is not compatible with the library. If anything comes up, I will let you know!

The problem actually lays with the latest version of GetRight (5.02d)and NOT Avsim. After pulling out most of my hair, I wound back my GetRight version to firstly 5.2c and then 5.2b. Both b and c allow downloads from Avsim File Library where as 5.2d will not.The authors of GetRight have obviously done or changed something between 5.2b and the latest available (5.2d). I have brought this problem to their attention, so hopefully an update for GetRight will be available soon.cheers,David.