Sign in to follow this  
Nice

Crashing at take off

everey time when I want to take off i get usually crached at V1 speed.Why what is wrong what I should do?

everey time when I want to take off i get usually crached at V1 speed.Why what is wrong what I should do?
You keep posting here without giving us your real name, please read the rules. OK where going to need more info, sceenshot on the takeoff roll, does this happen on every runway? you don't even say what aircraft?? There is a issue with Bitumus runways and the PMDG 747 it's rare that you come across them but they are out there. Default WSSS is a good example. Give us as much info as possible and sure the PMDG guys or other forum users can get you into the air. :( Rob

Rob Prest

Well it depends on what you are doing at V1. If you're trying to get airborne at V1 the likelihood of a crash increases.You should wait for VR (rotate speed) to take off.Have you tried another airport/runway?regards

It could be a few things. The most obvious one to check is how much fuel you have on board, most FS flights load up with full fuel on board, and if the temperature is too high, or the runway is not particularly long and quite high above sea level, then you won't get up to flying speed before you run out of runway. You can change the fuel you are carrying via the Fs menu.If that's not the problem, then perhaps you are lifting off too early: V1 is the point at which you can safely stop the aircraft if you abort the take off when something goes wrong before you have lifted off, so that's not the time to start pulling the stick back, you should rotate the aircraft for take off at Vr and actually take off at somewhere near V2, which is the minimum safe take-off speed. If that is actually what you are doing, then you may possibly be over-rotating the aircraft into a pitch angle which is too steep, which can cause problems such as the making the tail strike the runway before you have lifted off. Most airliners need no more than a 10-12 degree pitch rotation in order to lift off, and you should do that smoothly, but not too quickly, look at the marker lines on the primary flight display (artificial horizon) and watch how much the indicator shows your pitch up into the blue area of the instrument display. You can cheat if you like and take off from an external camera view, and that might help you to spot any mistakes you are making (press the 'S' key a few times to change the views).Make sure you have the correct flap setting too, you should typically need just one or two notches of flap to take off. If you use too much flaps on take off, you will be creating too much drag to accelerate up to flying speed, because the flaps serve two purposes, they increase lift, but they also increase drag in order to slow you down when coming in for a landing.Over-rotating can also cause too much aerodynamic drag, and that can make it harder to gain flying speed, as well as putting the wings at too high an angle of attack. If you take off like that, you will initially start flying because the ground effect will give your wings a bit more lift, but as you climb out of ground effect, you'll lose that additional lift and possibly stall. so when you get airborne, build up some speed before you start pitching up into a climb.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest CX355
It could be a few things. The most obvious one to check is how much fuel you have on board, most FS flights load up with full fuel on board, and if the temperature is too high, or the runway is not particularly long and quite high above sea level, then you won't get up to flying speed before you run out of runway. You can change the fuel you are carrying via the Fs menu.If that's not the problem, then perhaps you are lifting off too early: V1 is the point at which you can safely stop the aircraft if you abort the take off when something goes wrong before you have lifted off, so that's not the time to start pulling the stick back, you should rotate the aircraft for take off at Vr and actually take off at somewhere near V2, which is the minimum safe take-off speed. If that is actually what you are doing, then you may possibly be over-rotating the aircraft into a pitch angle which is too steep, which can cause problems such as the making the tail strike the runway before you have lifted off. Most airliners need no more than a 10-12 degree pitch rotation in order to lift off, and you should do that smoothly, but not too quickly, look at the marker lines on the primary flight display (artificial horizon) and watch how much the indicator shows your pitch up into the blue area of the instrument display. You can cheat if you like and take off from an external camera view, and that might help you to spot any mistakes you are making (press the 'S' key a few times to change the views).Make sure you have the correct flap setting too, you should typically need just one or two notches of flap to take off. If you use too much flaps on take off, you will be creating too much drag to accelerate up to flying speed, because the flaps serve two purposes, they increase lift, but they also increase drag in order to slow you down when coming in for a landing.Over-rotating can also cause too much aerodynamic drag, and that can make it harder to gain flying speed, as well as putting the wings at too high an angle of attack. If you take off like that, you will initially start flying because the ground effect will give your wings a bit more lift, but as you climb out of ground effect, you'll lose that additional lift and possibly stall. so when you get airborne, build up some speed before you start pitching up into a climb.Al
You can change the fuel you are carrying via the( Fs menu )....NO NO NO do not use FS menu for fuel W/B issue. USE ONLY PMDG Menu for PMDG acrft. Vincent

Erm, the PMDG menu is an FS menu, it appears in FS, when you have the PMDG aircraft installed :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Rob is right it hapens just on some runway at LIRF i have crushed but at LTBA i have make nice takeoff withaut crusing.and it is PMDG 744 on fs9.sory for posts withaut my name i forgot them to put i not get used on them.Daniel

Rob is right it hapens just on some runway at LIRF
Do remember which runway? I just did a flight out of LIRF on runway 07 and didn't have a problem.Jay V

try runway 36r and 36LDaniel

Guest redraw

aahhaahha u have no idea just fire wall it and follow the fd bars vnav and lnav on before takeoff easyandy

aahhaahha u have no idea just fire wall it and follow the fd bars vnav and lnav on before takeoff easyandy
Our friend Andy is gone.Too many warnings.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Our friend Andy is gone.Too many warnings.
Thanks David, that guy had issues. Daniel you need to use a tool called AFCAD tools to change the runway surface, you can download it here on Avsim. You need to look for any runways with a Bitumus surface and change it to asphalt or concrete.It's a very easy program to use but If you have any problems let me know.Rob

Rob Prest

Thanks David, that guy had issues. Daniel you need to use a tool called AFCAD tools to change the runway surface, you can download it here on Avsim. You need to look for any runways with a Bitumus surface and change it to asphalt or concrete.It's a very easy program to use but If you have any problems let me know.Rob
Thnx i will let you know when i download AECAD

... that guy had issues.
Yeah, when he exits the prepubescent period, and gets interested in the opposite sex, he'll be a much more stable teenager. Hormone'd out of his mind, but at least he won't be making mischief on the forums. Just%20Kidding.gif