Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bridge77

777 & ILS

Guest Bridge77

I have been using 777 for some time but am having a problem with flying ILS. Appears not to register the ILS at the end of the route and therefore I am unable to select LOC and APP modes and have to fly the approach visually.I have ensured that the ILS comes out of Park mode on FMC. I have tried entering the ILS freq in M (manual) mode (LSK1).Interesting to note is that, when programming the DEP/ARR FMC page, when selecting an approach runway - none show ILS in front of the runway number. Normally, I would expect to see, for example, ILS27R (all I can see is 27R). Also, when selecting VOR L, the associated display of VOR at bottom left of ND shows the freq - but as a VOR and not an ILS.Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated as this is the only problem I have with, what would otherwise be, a supurb product.Thanks

Bridge77,Please sign your real name iaw forum guidelines {nice to know who we are helping}As to the 77 ILS, the PSS FMC does not display approach options - only the runways available. This has been a limitation on the aircraft since day one. However, if the runway selected has an ILS it automatically selects freq/course and displays it on the CDU.I assume that you have checked that the CDU is allocating the correct freq for the runway? If so, I would first look at the PSS Navdata - could one of your files have become corrupt?In the meantime, I'll have a search on the forum - pretty sure I have seen this before.John R

Guest Bridge77

John,Thanks for your help. I performed another search myself this morning (I had searched before - but did not find anything I had not tried). I found a thread relating to automated approach problems and the fix was to ensure you always started from the default flight, ending that flight and then selecting PSS777. I tried this on a short flight this morning and the problem was fixed - ILS LOC and APP both captured - autoland flown without problems. I will try another flight to prove it - but that could we have been the problem.As you can see - I am new to this forum - but there is a wealth of information contained in it. Great to share experiences. ThanksSteve

Steve,Glad you found it {I can only say "of course" - just another of those senior moments}Just to clarify - the key is that PSS along with PMDG etc assume that FS9 has started to the default aircraft flight situation in order to initialise their aircraft correctly. In practice this means one of the default aircraft with all systems running. But you only need to get to the create a flight page, you can then change to the 777 and select your airfield etc and then select Fly Now. If you wish you can then save the 777 flight and make it the default so that you always start with the 777.However, I fly all the Boeing add-ons so I always start FS9 so that I get to the create a flight page with the cessna 172 in the default mode. I then select the aircraft I want and away we go. Belt and braces but it always works.Good LuckJohn

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.