Sign in to follow this  
brucets

Briefing Time FS9 installation error message

I enjoyed BT in FS8 and FS9, but went exclusively FSX when it was released. This morning I checked in on the MAAM-SIM support forum to see if anything had been done for FSX. When I saw Hartwig's updates I was eager to fly Briefing Time once again. As I have FSX on C drive and FS9 on E drive I modified the installation path on the FS2002 installer so that it would install to FS9. (the plan was to install BT to both FS9 and FSX) Two attemps to install to FS9 with the installer resulted in my pc locking up and I had to power it off (task mgr would not even come up). The third try produced an error message that said the BT exe was "not a valid Windows 32 program".Since this is an off line FS only computer and I have followed Nick Needham's set up guide, I wonder if the FS2002 installer needs some program or feature that has been turned off??? In any event I am not going to spend any more time on it and was wondering when a fully compatible FSX, sp2 edition of Briefing Time (and also R4D) will be available?Thanks!!B. Scott

I enjoyed BT in FS8 and FS9, but went exclusively FSX when it was released. This morning I checked in on the MAAM-SIM support forum to see if anything had been done for FSX. When I saw Hartwig's updates I was eager to fly Briefing Time once again. As I have FSX on C drive and FS9 on E drive I modified the installation path on the FS2002 installer so that it would install to FS9. (the plan was to install BT to both FS9 and FSX) Two attemps to install to FS9 with the installer resulted in my pc locking up and I had to power it off (task mgr would not even come up). The third try produced an error message that said the BT exe was "not a valid Windows 32 program".Since this is an off line FS only computer and I have followed Nick Needham's set up guide, I wonder if the FS2002 installer needs some program or feature that has been turned off??? In any event I am not going to spend any more time on it and was wondering when a fully compatible FSX, sp2 edition of Briefing Time (and also R4D) will be available?Thanks!!B. Scott
Like you we have left FS2002 behind. We are working on the FSX native version, but no ETA yet. Before that, though, we have something else in the works for our Mitchell for FS9 and FSX, both. I'll leave that teaser hanging for the moment until things are firmed up a bit.Cheers, Bill

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Like you we have left FS2002 behind. We are working on the FSX native version, but no ETA yet. Before that, though, we have something else in the works for our Mitchell for FS9 and FSX, both. I'll leave that teaser hanging for the moment until things are firmed up a bit.Cheers, Bill
Thanks, Bill---looking forward to it!!Bruce

Hi Bill,

Before that, though, we have something else in the works for our Mitchell for FS9 and FSX, both. I'll leave that teaser hanging for the moment until things are firmed up a bit.
great news! I'm looking forward to it :( GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080