Sign in to follow this  
Guest captnmel66

747-400 high fuel consumptions

Guest captnmel66

I've been flying the 747-400 (FS2004 passenger version) for quite some time and I seem to be having a problem with hourly fuel consumptions in the range of 25500 lbs an hour over a long haul flight! is this normal?I have been starting engines with a full fuel load and an aircraft weight that is just 2000 lbs under gross. I climb to Opt altitudes according to the FMC using a cost index of 99. Then I do step climbs for the rest of the flight as the FMC dictates.The reason I'm asking is I have a few flights that are over 14 hours and it just does not seem like this bird will make it! Is there an update with the FS2004 freighter version that fixes this?Matt Lynn

Compare your fuel burn rates with the chart on pg 2-10 of the AOM. Burn rates in excess of 25500 are normal when heavy and optimum FL is below FL340... there is no way I can tell if your burn is normal without additional info. I recommend you use the AOM.The current version has been available for more than a year I think, these can be found at the pmdg web site under service updates. Fixes have not had anything to do with fuel consumption, if my memory serves me (which is always questionable).

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest captnmel66

Thanks for the reply, I didnt knot know those charts were there. I will have to look into it a little more and also I guess check my pax/cargo loads and maybe bring them down a bit for the longer flights... Although you don't make money in the real world with empty seats and cargo area...Thanks again for the helpMatt