For some reason when I updated to B394, when I request weather update using FSFightkeeper, it wont load weather into ACARS. If I switch to AS6.5 everything works normally. I tried FS9 and FSX and get the same results. Before the update ASA communicated with RC4 and FSFK without issues.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi,Is this with FlightKeeper X?Thanks,

Bill, you probably did, but I'll ask anyway: have you changed ASv6 to ASA in Options/Weather in FS FK? I'm having no problems with the ACARS weather (FS9 here)Regards,Jure

Hi,Is this with FlightKeeper X?Thanks,
It's the lastest version of flight keeper. I can choose between FSX or FS9 when downloading weather. I have it mapped to my ASA install on my network computer.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Hi Bill,You may need to point it to your Documents and Settings\UserName\Roaming\Application Data\HIFi\ASA\Weather folder. The file FSFK needs to read is the current_wx_snapshot.txt file.Thanks,

Hi Bill,You may need to point it to your Documents and Settings\UserName\Roaming\Application Data\HIFi\ASA\Weather folder. The file FSFK needs to read is the current_wx_snapshot.txt file.Thanks,
Hello JimI mapped my FSFK folder options to what you ask. FSFK still won't read weather. I then remapped to my AS6 folder and started AS% with FSFK, and weather downloaded correctly.FSFK is not reading the current_wx_snapshot.txt file in the ASA\Weather folder.Bill M :(

Bill McIntyre

For the record, both ASA and FSFK, running on my FSX client below, work fine together here. As Jim indicates just above, I have mine mapped to that weather_snapshots file in the path he specified. I just doubled checked and in the FSFK Options -> Weather Tab, I ahve Weather Mode = Active Sky Advanced and the path field set to: C:\Users\jordana\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASA\Make sure you have the same settings and the latest version of FSFK.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

For the record, both ASA and FSFK, running on my FSX client below, work fine together here. As Jim indicates just above, I have mine mapped to that weather_snapshots file in the path he specified. I just doubled checked and in the FSFK Options -> Weather Tab, I ahve Weather Mode = Active Sky Advanced and the path field set to: C:\Users\jordana\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASA\Make sure you have the same settings and the latest version of FSFK.
Thanks for your replyBut I'm running a different config than you. My ASA is on the client machine and FSFK on on my server, I have everything mapped correctly.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Hello Jorden, I gave your mapping path a try and it seems to work for me. I guess Jim gave me the wrong directry. Anyway thanks againBull M :(

Bill McIntyre

Cool, I'm glad it worked-out for 'ya. :( I think Thomas (dev of FSFK) appends the 'Weather' subfolder and snapshots-filename to the path you enter in the options-field. I know FSBuild2 you have to point it all the way down into the ...\ASA\Weather path to get it set right. Somewhat confusing, I know...

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE