Sign in to follow this  
Guest depot_haldol

Active Sky 6.5 Winds Aloft Problem

Guest depot_haldol

I've searched for this, and can't find any answers. I hope someone can help. The problem is that winds aloft drop to about 18 or 20 kts, which is much lower than what they should be.I plan a flight (departure and destnation cities don't matter, because this happens on multiple routes). I then load the FS9 flight plan into Active Sky. I start flying.I climb to FL370 and initially the winds aloft being sent to FS9 are accurate, like around 70 kts. But after a few minutes, they drop to 18 or 20 kts. I remember from the forecast that the winds at my altitude (FL370) are higher, about 70 kts. When I go to the Active Sky interface and look at the "Closest Station Report", I can see that the winds at FL340 are at 79 kts, and at FL390 are at 70 kts. However, the winds being sent to FS9 are stuck at 20 kts.I tried hitting "Refresh" and after a while, the winds go back up to about 70 kts, but then they drop again to 20 kts. The Closest Station Report still indicates that the winds at my altitude should be around 70 kts. Any ideas why Active Sky seems to be sending a falsely low value to FS9? It's as if there's some kind of solid override on, taking whatever the winds should be, and resetting them always to 20. Needless to say, it's frustrating. Thanks.Will

Guest depot_haldol
I've searched for this, and can't find any answers. I hope someone can help. The problem is that winds aloft drop to about 18 or 20 kts, which is much lower than what they should be.I plan a flight (departure and destnation cities don't matter, because this happens on multiple routes). I then load the FS9 flight plan into Active Sky. I start flying.I climb to FL370 and initially the winds aloft being sent to FS9 are accurate, like around 70 kts. But after a few minutes, they drop to 18 or 20 kts. I remember from the forecast that the winds at my altitude (FL370) are higher, about 70 kts. When I go to the Active Sky interface and look at the "Closest Station Report", I can see that the winds at FL340 are at 79 kts, and at FL390 are at 70 kts. However, the winds being sent to FS9 are stuck at 20 kts.I tried hitting "Refresh" and after a while, the winds go back up to about 70 kts, but then they drop again to 20 kts. The Closest Station Report still indicates that the winds at my altitude should be around 70 kts. Any ideas why Active Sky seems to be sending a falsely low value to FS9? It's as if there's some kind of solid override on, taking whatever the winds should be, and resetting them always to 20. Needless to say, it's frustrating. Thanks.Will
Hi again, I'm giving more information in hopes that will help. I know FS9 is receiving information from Active Sky, because I can go into FS9 and select "Weather Themes: Clear Skies" and the temp at FL370 goes to -56 and the winds drop to CALM. Then when I re-select "User-Defined Weather," the temperature goes to -46 and the wind goes to 260 at 26 kts. But again, the Closest Station Report" says that the wind should be at 70 kts or more. FSUIPC settings seem to be normal, and "Disable Winds Aloft" is NOT checked on Active Sky. Thanks for helping me, if you can.Will

Hi Will,Sorry for the problem.Let's first reset FSUIPC to Default settings and Weather Settings Off.Next, are you running B552 of Active Sky?After that reset, try a flight and see what happens.Thanks,