Sign in to follow this  
Guest lenaarrrrddddd

Help with Altimeter for 744 FSX

Guest lenaarrrrddddd

:( Hi, I seem to have a problem with the Altimeter as it keeps showing me an altitude of about -7000ft? The standby altimeter works fine though. What seems to be the problem please help?Screenshot:http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7285/alti.jpg

Welcome to the forum... please sign your name to posts here.I think this has come up at least twice in the past six months.. it is an odd rare problem. However, I don't recall the fix. Either try to do an advanced search in this forum or ask for help from pmdg support if you don't find the threads. Be sure to get an automated response from support. No auto response = they didn't get your email.EDIT: Please post the fix after you find it here for the next guy. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Could be your baro settings - I see it's set to 22.15 - Don't think you'd ever see a pressure that low.John E

John... the bara setting and the -7000 go together and are a part of the same problem. It has something to do with the installation, just don't remember what it was. Try yourself to reduce the baro to 22.15 (shouldn't be possible). Thanks for trying.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey there i understand your problem, and i have the same problem...but no one have figured out any solution...if you find some...please do tell us

Hey there i understand your problem, and i have the same problem...but no one have figured out any solution...if you find some...please do tell us
Cant you just scroll it back up?

Why not reload the aircraft from the selection, if you save the aircraft with a fault it will always comes back. Reload the 747 i.e. go select aircraft in FS and let it reload, save the new good aircraft. Or just go to panels and load the PMDG cold and dark cockpit that may also get rid of your fault.

To have a idea what's happening to me...here's a print sc...cant use the buttons where the arrow is pointing at , cant see the route in the map, and the rest talks for itself...and yes tryed a lot of stuff...

Try this: Uninstall the PMDG 747. Remove all leftover files such as saved panels, etc. Read this and give these a try: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...SERS_ONLY.21.29After the clean up, install the 747 and verify that you get normal trusted dll dialog boxes and allow all PMDG dlls to be trusted.Let us know if this works.The other thing to look at is your antivirus, ensure it is not interferring with IP communications with simconnect.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well...unfortunantely i have no good news, i've tryed that stuff you told me to (did it more than once) but guess it was no dll problem...this is related with other kind of stuff...that we simply cant figure out...the 747 will remain parked in the hangar :( ...at least the MD-11 works fine for me...Thanks for your help Dan...if u have any more ideas...please...share...

David... I remember this bug being reported at least twice in the past, uh... year or so. I assume that there is a known solution; therefore, please send an email to pmdg support in the hopes that the experts know how to fix it. Be sure you get an automatic response to your message. Please don't give up, I would really like to see a solution to this at least once (it might take twice before I remember it). Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP