Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

GPWS Keeps Calling "10" "10" "10" When Taxiing

The title of this topic really says it all: I'm using Ken Mitchell's fantastic 757 Panel with Greetmir Goodeguard's tremendous FS2004 updates which available here at AVSIM with the POSKY 757 and lately the GPWS keeps calling "10" "10" '10" while on the ground, either taxiing to or from the runway. Would anyone know how I could 'desensitize' this feature, or even completely remove it? -- I already have GPWS capability from both my FS Passengers and FDC Live Cockpit so I don't really even need it in a panel any more. I would have posted the panel.cfg here but wasn't sure if that would have constituted a violation of Ken's copyright. . . here is the link to Greetmir's update here at the AVSIM library:<< http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=root >>Thank you!

Guest belga1

Hello,

even completely remove it?
In the panel.cfg .. it must be a string like this one or similar located in the main cockpit sectiongauge75=FPDA_Boeing_Callout, 10, 100That's the gauge.Normally the sound(s) corresponding tho this gauge are located in the main sound folder of FS2004 or a subfolder of the main sound folder :)The sound(s) corresponding with my string is(are) named:FPDA_Boeing_10ft.wavFPDA_Boeing_20ft.wavetc ...........BTW .. must be a readme with explainations for the install of this GPWS sounds addon you use.NOTA:Sometime I have the same phenomena as your .. but only in the case I use full brake when taxiing at high speed (just the nose oscillation must make thinking at the system the plane is 10 high lol) but it's not a repeating sound.Regards.bye.gif

That's what I needed to know. TY, Belga1!>>BTW .. must be a readme with explainations for the install of this GPWS sounds addon you use.Nope -- the GPWS is part of the entire panel and the readme and docs that I have doen't deal in specific enough terms about the GPWS -- just says it's there and it's automatic. I'll delete that gauge line from the panel.cfg. -- I don't want to delete the .wav files because I do have GPWS gauges installed and working correctly in other panels, but the panel comes as a package. Thank you again!