Sign in to follow this  
epza

autopilot

Hello Thanks for you help with stabilizer but I have few other questions if you don't mind to help me again :)What I should do to eliminate the call;autopilot ,autopilot ,autopilot :(.... after disengage one and switching to manual flight .When I load a flight plan from FSX to PMGD _ FMC , the FSX air traffic controller is giving me some different vectors , headings, its still close but not the same ,and FMC in some points saying flight plan discontinue,however is letting me insert some fix which allowing me to meet ILS Radio frequency and align with the runway. Looks like from FX I can load SIDS automatically done by PMGD_FMC but not STARS Perhaps I'm trying to create something completely wrong One more question about the speed ,I'm having many problems with the controlling speed especially during the approach when is getting busy The heading knob right and left click is nice and smooth but speed is giving me headache After setting new value I push the button and there appear a previous value, trying again and speed is getting lower but not much ,very chaotic action done by myself In this moment I just fly over the airport and all families waiting for their love ones are complaining to air lines that pilot didn't stop :)Any help welcome,sorry I know that this is special English version :(Happy LandingsJacek

Hello Jacek!1. first, press the disconnect button again to silence the alarm2. I dont quite understand what you are asking, but im sure the answer you are looking for can be found in the manuals3. To manually set the speed turn the speed knob to the desired speed and pull the knob. Pushing the FMS speed button will give the FMS control of the speed again. Jacek ALL those questions could be answered by the manuals and forum searches. I understand that you are new and im glad to help but its best to read the manuals and search the forums before coming here.Have Fun!

I am assuming this is the MD11 we are talking about.For the speed if you 'dial' the speed you want and quickly press the FMS speed button (within a couple seconds of dialing the speed) the FMS will except your newly inputted speed, if it's close to FMS desired speed it will stay magenta on the FMA if it is not close it will be displayed white, press it again and it will go back to the FMS's desired speed.Or as said you can pull the knob which will override the FMS completely.Jay V

And as for the FSX vectors, I guess you loaded an ifr flight - you have 2 choices, either ignore the FSX atc or follow it and when close to runway hit the autoland, assuming the FD bars are somewhere close. Or just follow them down handflying.The fsx atc isn't that good really but better than nothing lol. It's also a pain if you select a vfr flight and the weather closes in too... airport is ifr, no landing available.... As if you can't switch.On departure you can follow it then do a 'direct to' when told to follow your plan.John E

After setting new value I push the button and there appear a previous value,
After setting the new value you want, you have to PULL the knob: the plane will then start flying at that speed. When you push the knob, you will set the speed to the current speed, which quite often will be the 'previous value' (which is in fact your current speed!).Example: suppose you are flying at 250 kts and you want to fly at 280. 250 is in the speed window: you dial 280 and push the button... and there you will see the 'previous value' again: your current speed of 250! However, when you pull the knob, 280 will remain in the speed window and the plane will accelerate to that speed.BTW This all works the same with altitude (push to set the current altitude and pull to set a new one).

Thank you all for taking you time and great helpI will study manulas more carefull ,just wanted to have some fun asap ,some quick tips are openning my brain and make it sharp (I think) :( You are really nice guys Jacek