Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Extended Beta Team/AirSimmer, etc: Summary

Ryan,Who new? WOW!! I'm impressed,your song "No Direction"really good!!
Thanks, that song's pretty unique because our singer/rhythm guitarist Rob is playing an electric ukulele on it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Ryan Briggs
I currently play two Ernie Ball/Music Man JP6 guitars, a Bahama Blueburst BFR model is the primary standard tuning one and I use a Carbon Blue Pearl standard model for the Drop D songs.I actually don't play Mesa amps anymore, I've had a Diezel VH4 half stack for about a year and a half, that's an old picture from when I still had the Road King II... You want to talk about ridiculous price tags, check out Diezel lol.
Interesting, I've been playing about Five years, My collection is a Gibson Sg '61 Re-issue and a Gibs Les Paul Vintage Mahogany *torn down LesPaul no fancy paint with Good quality pickups and great resonance, and No maple top*Amp wise I push my tunes out of a Mesa Studio Caliber DC-2. Good amp suits my style.I just had a look a look at that VH4.........5 channels?? x] seems Slightly Excessive, But I suppose once you get into Professional Music it may help from having to use Two different Amplifiers to satisfy the sounds you need in your show. Must be fun hooking all that up to the Effects Loop and the EQ, the single Amp solution would come in handy.How do the earny balls Feel? neck profile and weight wise. I've never Played one, but I like the bigger Neck I get with my Gibsons. after Playing Gibson the past 2 years it's awkward To pick up my buddys PRS =x.

Interesting, I've been playing about Five years, My collection is a Gibson Sg '61 Re-issue and a Gibs Les Paul Vintage Mahogany *torn down LesPaul no fancy paint with Good quality pickups and great resonance, and No maple top*Amp wise I push my tunes out of a Mesa Studio Caliber DC-2. Good amp suits my style.I just had a look a look at that VH4.........5 channels?? x] seems Slightly Excessive, But I suppose once you get into Professional Music it may help from having to use Two different Amplifiers to satisfy the sounds you need in your show. Must be fun hooking all that up to the Effects Loop and the EQ, the single Amp solution would come in handy.How do the earny balls Feel? neck profile and weight wise. I've never Played one, but I like the bigger Neck I get with my Gibsons. after Playing Gibson the past 2 years it's awkward To pick up my buddys PRS =x.
This is the greatest off-topic thread hijack in the history of this forum btw haha.The VH4 actually has 4 channels - Ch 1 is a pristine Fender type clean, Ch 2 is a Marshall JCM800 type clean to semi-distorted rhythm (think AC/DC), Ch 3 is the main high-gain rhythm channel (this is "the" Diezel sound you hear from bands like Tool, Muse etc) and Ch 4 is a fully saturated lead channel sorta like a 5150 or Soldano. The Mesa I had prior also had 4 channels, but on that it was basically two channels with each duplicated. Ch 1 and 2 are the same clean channel and Ch 3 and 4 are the same distorted channel. The VH4 really has 4 independent and completely different sounds. My setup actually isn't all that complicated, I run a Line 6 PodXT Live floorboard into the effects loop (I only use it for a small amout of delay on the leads and cleans) and then a MIDI cable to switch the channels on the amp. I can set the whole thing up in like 2 minutes, it's 3 cables. I'm gonna get something better than the Pod eventually (like the Fractal Axe-FX and an Axess FX-1 pedalboard, but I need to come up with another 3 grand or so to do that...)On the guitars, I love thin wide necks (hate Gibsons lol), so you probably wouldn't like the one I play. Gibsons and the wide-fat PRS necks feel like baseball bats to me haha. The EBMM Axis though is more like that, try that sometime if you get a chance.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Ryan Briggs
This is the greatest off-topic thread hijack in the history of this forum btw haha.The VH4 actually has 4 channels - Ch 1 is a pristine Fender type clean, Ch 2 is a Marshall JCM800 type clean to semi-distorted rhythm (think AC/DC), Ch 3 is the main high-gain rhythm channel (this is "the" Diezel sound you hear from bands like Tool, Muse etc) and Ch 4 is a fully saturated lead channel sorta like a 5150 or Soldano. The Mesa I had prior also had 4 channels, but on that it was basically two channels with each duplicated. Ch 1 and 2 are the same clean channel and Ch 3 and 4 are the same distorted channel. The VH4 really has 4 independent and completely different sounds. My setup actually isn't all that complicated, I run a Line 6 PodXT Live floorboard into the effects loop (I only use it for a small amout of delay on the leads and cleans) and then a MIDI cable to switch the channels on the amp. I can set the whole thing up in like 2 minutes, it's 3 cables. I'm gonna get something better than the Pod eventually (like the Fractal Axe-FX and an Axess FX-1 pedalboard, but I need to come up with another 3 grand or so to do that...)On the guitars, I love thin wide necks (hate Gibsons lol), so you probably wouldn't like the one I play. Gibsons and the wide-fat PRS necks feel like baseball bats to me haha. The EBMM Axis though is more like that, try that sometime if you get a chance.
Sounds like a Very well Versatile Amp, I'll have to see if I can plug into one sometime your Setup sounds Nice and simple. I can only imagine what it might look like if you sign with a Label and start working with a well known Producer x] you're probably going to use 3-5 different amps and a few different guitars on 10 songs hahaha.Yeah, Gibsons grew on me. at first * i can admit* I was just being a dork and bought a gibson for the name and because it sounded Nice. after playing that Gibson *the SG-61* for 2 years it's just hard to pick up anything else and be efficient with it, Gibsons have a pretty unique Profile but I've gotten so Aquanted with it that it feels entirely Natural. Plus I dont mind the money for them they're great instruments and all Hand assembled here in the states. *The guys rolling the necks on the sanders have been doing that job for like 10-20 years....Seriously*. I feel safe when I pick one up and they all have good Intonation *even if not factory quick adjustment gets it correct* In regaurds to best off-Topic, yeah i'd say.3 Priorities in lifeAirplanes Music and Women,as well as the obligation to keep those Priorities going *a Job*that's about all the entertainment I could ever need x] and even if Airplanes and Music got old *god forbid* I always have a girlfriend who's happy to ###### and make things interesting once a month right? hahahah. The only Thing about Gibson is its difficult to get a Good Clean sound with the traditional Offerings.My Vintage Mahogany *bored out body for better resonance* the Guitar has Burstbucker Pro's they're pretty hot Leady pickups, they sound great with distortion but getting a good Clean from them is... not so easy. They can make clean sound Okay but not great.My SG-61 Entirely Solid Mahogany Comes with 57' Classics, they're not as Hot and Much better for a Clean sound, but the SG Style body doesn't offer the same Resonance and Tone as a Les Paul. So I have a Good Modern Rock, and a Good Classic Rock, but not a good Clean.Next guitar on the list - Gibson Traditional Plus, Thing's got 57' classics on a Les Paul, Does Clean Like Clean's Done.....Now I just need 2200 dollars :(I'll have a look for it and give the Axis a shot if I can, What's the general price range on these guitars?

Guest keiron
offer a pay-to-beta product to customers.
I can confirm it's part that made me giggle and slightly dribble my lemonade on my work of procrastination...homework I mean!. It's probably just me but the more I read it, the concept becomes more humorous. Almost as if it's meant to be an oxymoron but not quite if you know what I mean. :( Aside from the humor, well after I uhumm... I can definitely see where you and the rest of the PMDG are coming from and I really do like your business stance and values. Moreover I like Level-Ds too!. I'm glad I've been to "both worlds" now. All I can say is, this weekend has been an eyeopener and has so far lead into an eyesore and abit of a headache. At one point I thought "no seriously now what's going on? Is this a bad dream? Where am I, where's my pint?"Metorphorically speaking; felt abit like an adult trying his best to supervise a toddler birthday party and several little goo goo gagaa clumsy ones stumble into you at balls height OOOFFF!. Only then to have a headache from all that racket. Let me reflect back for a second before I finish up:
Good post and I respect what you're saying.However you have to put it into real perspective when you think of many in the audience. If you don't want "that kind of attention" don't say anything in the first place. It's a skool-boy error really. Think back to the good old playground daysKid 1: "Oh I got a secret!Kid 2: "Cool, what it is it? Tell meee"Kid 1: "Not telling, Nurrr nurrr bleeeeh!"Kid 2:" Awww come on nooo fair tell meee!"Kid 1: "Go away, not telling!"..and to be honest that example contrasts quite well on many of today's slightly more mature topics. But the outcome remains the same.I'm still enjoying the 747 let alone the MD-11! However I still feel about 5% "Kid 2" and have no shame in admitting that. :( Good luck with the release anyway, I'll be there at the finish line with my credit card.
Keiron-You mind telling us which of those kids has the lunch money? We'd like to "talk" to him. : :(
I can now say I've gone from 5% kid 2 in any FS development to saving my lunch money and not eating untill hometime! B) Nice to see you all getting musical btw. Excellent :D

Sorry for going off topic :( but all in all, the more I think of it the more I agree with the PMDG stance. I was sort of tempted by the Airsimmer ET Beta thing but at the end of the day I prefer to simply pay for a fully functional product. I've other reservations but I'll leave it at that.To get back on topic - the band sounds tight, polished and professional - certainly ready for prime time - all the very best :(

Regards,

Mark

No- we won't. We won't because we have a beta testing method that works for PMDG- and we see no reason to modify the process. Based on our experience, we gain tremendous benefit by having type rated flight crew, experienced maintenance technicians, avionics gurus and a smattering of "regular simmers" in a small group that allows everyone to get comfortable with one another- and promotes rapid and detailed communication between the developers and the testers. It's taken us a decade to get the mix right- so we won't be messing with it any time soon.For us- the signal to noise ratio is key.
Dear developers, testers and advisors.How would you rate the signal to noise ratio in this thread.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240119The picture used here was taken during a real world flight.In the 0055 update I don't see any change regarding ND wind display.So this thread was either missed, then this posting might serve as a "bump"orThere's some restriction to program this correctly.Would regret the last case very much.Regards,Harry