Sign in to follow this  
Guest wmeade

ASA and X PAX network problems

Guest wmeade

I have followed the installation instructions in the respective manuals and I cannot get either program to connect with FSX or FS9 on the server. I have WideFS running well and two other addons installed on the client PC which are working fine (FSCommander 8.5 & FSFK). When I try to connect to FSX with ASA I get "Simconnect Client SP2 not found" and with X PAX in FS9 I get FSUIPC not right version. I have tried all the troubleshooting and checked everything more than once. I don't know what is wrong. Server OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bits, client is XP. Thanks,Walt

Hi Walt,We need to take these separately:For ASA, does the AI Traffic Utility run correctly and show traffic when run from the client? Did you download and install the SDKs from Microsoft?For X Pax, what version number is your FSUIPC in your FS/Modules folder?Please let me know.Thanks,

Guest wmeade

Hi Jim, Thanks for your help. AI Traffic does show connected from the client. I don't know if this is significant or not but under ASA in the programs tab it has a tag labeled "ASA SimConnect SP1 Only". My FSUIPC in FS9 is up tp date 3.90.Walt

Hi,For ASA did you download and install the SKD 2 in order to install the latest version of SimConnect?For X Pax, try reregistering FSUIPC. Sometime a bad key file can cause this to happen.Thanks,

Guest wmeade

I had already installed SDK2 and both my FSUIPC for FS9 and FSX are registered.Walt

Hi Walt,For ASA, do you mean under the Start/Programs/HiFi/ASA?For X Pax, I realize your FSUIPC is registered. I want you to move the FSUIPC.key file out of your Modules folder and then see if X Pax returns that same message.Thanks,