Sign in to follow this  
Six7th

Failed to Connect

It appears that I am unable to download anything from the library.I can search and view the zipdrives of any of the files, but whenever I click on download I get the error messages.When using Firefox I get the message:"Failed to Connect"The connection was refused when attempting to contact library.avsim.net.When using IE I get this message:"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"and when using Chrome I get this:"Oops! This link appears broken."I have added all the avsim urls to the trusted sites and gone through all the points in the "READ BEFORE POSTING!" topic but still I am unable to download anything.I am using ESET smart security 4 if that helps.The funny thing is that downloading has been fine for the past year, but now it no longer works.Thanks.

Guest Gary Buska
It appears that I am unable to download anything from the library.I can search and view the zipdrives of any of the files, but whenever I click on download I get the error messages.When using Firefox I get the message:"Failed to Connect"The connection was refused when attempting to contact library.avsim.net.When using IE I get this message:"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"and when using Chrome I get this:"Oops! This link appears broken."I have added all the avsim urls to the trusted sites and gone through all the points in the "READ BEFORE POSTING!" topic but still I am unable to download anything.I am using ESET smart security 4 if that helps.The funny thing is that downloading has been fine for the past year, but now it no longer works.Thanks.
Sorry you had the problem not sure what the problem was I had no problems downloading using fire fox. Make sure you accept third party cookies. As for chrome it does not appear to work with our library for some reason.Also make sure the firewall in ESET is set to accept avsim as a trusted site.The third party cookies is something fairly new. Almost all of us here at avsim use Fire Fox. :(

Thanks for the reply.Third Party cookies are enabled and always have been, so that does not seem to be the problem.Try as I might I am unable to find where I can add trusted sites to the ESET firewall. It only seems to have settings for allowing or denying certain applications to access the internet. As I couldn't add the avsim to the trusted sites of the firewall, I decided to completely disable it, but this still did not allow me to download from the library. I am really quite puzzled why I cannot download. One thing I have not done yet is try to download from another computer.

Ok, I've just found out that I cannot download from the Project Open sky website either. I get the same error as I do when trying to download from avsim.Very strange as I have always been able to download from both sites before.

Guest Gary Buska
Ok, I've just found out that I cannot download from the Project Open sky website either. I get the same error as I do when trying to download from avsim.Very strange as I have always been able to download from both sites before.
One other thing to try is to flush your temporary cache Also do not forget that there is a windows fire wall as well I do not use this as I use MCafee's firewallyou can get to it from the control panel.One other note Inter net explorer just recently updated make sure you recheck all of your settings as they can be changed during a update without your knowledge. You got to love Microsoft :(

I have deleted the cache and other temporary internet files but the problem still persists. :(But,I have encountered something quite strange. I am able to download from both Posky and Avsim, when using a different user account on the same computer. The accounts are both administrators but only one lets me from the above sites. They both use the same anti virus and firewalls so I think it can't be down to that.