Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Poller

cant install pmdg add-on liveries

hello!i recently have purchased the PMDG 747-400X from PMDG for FSXi've been trying to download and install some add-on liveries like different Al models but when it finishes downloading and i try to install there is an error sais this fiile isnt a win32 something file.....any ideas?10xJonathan.

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

Different AI models? I have no idea but let's be sure you are talking about PMDG liveries you downloaded from their web site? I have run those installers in both XP (32b) and Vista64. Are you talking about PMDG liveries?

Dan Downs KCRP

Make sure you're downloading/installing the proper version FS9/FSX for your version of FS.

its fine. i have the right FSXbtw- the first time i downloaded one of the liveries its was okbut since than i uninstalled and re installed FSX + PMDG after purchasing...is it helpfull?

Jonathan Poller

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus6.png qw787_banner.png

There is a trick to liveries when you reinstall the PMDG aircraft. You get stuck with liveries that were removed when you uninstalled the airplane but the livery installer and registry thinks they are still installed.Use the OS control panel to remove all the liveries, then install them with the livery installer.The way to prevent this is to uninstall the liveries before you uninstall the airplane. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP