Sign in to follow this  
B77W

FSX: MD-11 Cold but running

Hi,I'm having some problems with my MD-11 and i'm thinking the problem is Vista - so any advice you have is much appreciated.A couple of pics to show the problem (resized by photobucket)2009-4-6_17-17-42-314.jpg2009-4-6_17-17-50-896.jpgThe engines are running, but the flaps and all other switches are INOP...Sam N :(

Cheers,

Sam N

This looks like a validation problem to me. Did you give the MD-11 a reinstall?EDIT: Ohh, just saw the Vista-ness. Turn User Acess Control off? Give that a try.Patrick

I've seen this... fix is uninstall then remove all saved panels and flights then reinstall. At least that worked for me. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks Guys - I'll try that now. I didn't want to 'waste a validation' if it wasn't required especialy since it need to go in for a service!

Cheers,

Sam N

OK I tried both and it's still dead... :(I recently had my validation limit extended, so maybe that's where the problem lies?I guess no flight across the pond tomorrow :(

Cheers,

Sam N

Sam, I'd send support an email and they should get you up and running. Make sure you get the automated response.support@precisionmanuals.com

Guest Paul87

you probably need to download VC++2008. It seems that the newest installer for version 1.2 (not the update patch the full version you download from the pmdg emails) does not install VC++2008 correctly.VC++ 2008 (x86)or for vista 64VC++ 2008 (x64)I had this issue myself. Hope this helpsTheres also sp1 out for VC++ 2008, the link for it can be found at the bottom of those pages.Paul

Thanks Paul,But even that didn't work... :'(Maybe i'll have to wait until the PC comes back from repair and hope for the best!

Cheers,

Sam N

Sorry to bump this thread, but any ideas?I'm itching to do SXM. :)

Cheers,

Sam N

Did you send msg to pmdg support as suggested? Add your name to your signature block, makes it easier to sign your posts.

Dan Downs KCRP

I had this problem once. I solved it by uninstalling FSX service pack 2, reinstalling service pack 1, and lastly installing service pack 2. Didn't even have to reinstall to make it work.Hope this helps,James