Sign in to follow this  
mozart

AeroSim - any good?

Just by coincidence I came across this company "AeroSim" when I was looking for repaints of Saab340s in the AVSIM library. I thought I knew about every payware that was out there, but I guess I was wrong...I then checked their website, and it turns out they have a whole series of really stunning aircraft!!! So how come I haven't noticed them yet:

• Do they simply make less noise, i.e. spend less advertising dollars, than people like CLS, Flight1 and the like?
  • Are their products bad, so nobody has them and praises them?
  • Was I asleep?

Can anyone tell me how their planes are? I am used to "high sophistication" addons like LevelD and PMDG, but I am happy to settle for a bit less than perfect when there is no other choice available (e.g. Wilco panels for Airbus). The visual models of the Aerosim products looks good on the screenshots, and so do the cockpits. What about their FDEs, their panel functionalities? And are there many repaints available - I hardly seem to come across them.I am happy to spend money on them if people tell me they're good. I'll probably start with the Propliners, as this package has what I am looking for right now, but there are other planes there that look great (DC-10, DC-8, Tristar). Just wondering how for instance their DC-10 compares to the one done by CLS, and how their 727 compares to the one done by Dreamfleet/FLight 1.Thanks for any shared experiencesMozart

Guest belga1

Hello,Aerosim ?I have some .. but forget where I put them ... but it's just me .. and my Alzheimer disease :)BTW .. some freewares are top over them !Regards.bye.gif

I've flrirted with the notion of getting one of their sets of airliners, which I think had something like the Tristar and the DC-8 in it and a few others too. Not got around to it, but they looked alright to me, not spectacular, but I think the notion of getting a few classic jets in one package was what appealed and I may still give that a whirl. I seem to recall the INS was a working version and some of them had a 'lite' FMC from what little I found out about them. So I'd also be intrigued to hear comments too. I guess one of the reasons you don't hear much about them is probably the language barrier, they being Japanese.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I bought one of their airliners pack a couple of years ago, but found I preferred Eric Cantu's aircraft so Aerosim just sorta died on the vine.Bob

The Aerosim L1011 is a nice aircraft but there is better freeware out there for the rest of the package. In addition, the L1011 is a little outdated but it is still nice.I also have the SAAB and I think it is the best one out there. The problem is that there are almost no repaints out there so it is a waste if you are not a painter.Please keep in mind that all of there products are "light" add ons and they all are a little outdated now.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I have been thinking of getting the Classic Liners package and the propliners package, because I don't have a good saab340, and I want the B747-100 and the B737-200 with a virtual cockpit. I suppose you can sort of merge the Tinmouse II package with the aerosim aircrafit (at least I hope so), since the TMII has a very good panel.But the repaints are a problem. I was thinking of trying to repaint them, but I'm not too sure I really feel like doing it. besides, I've got loads of other planes and add-ons I want to buy.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ya know, been looking again at these packages. I'm very seriously looking at the Classic Liners vol 1 and 2, and the propliner package. They all contain plaes that I'd actually want. The DC-10 I'll probably eventually get from CLS, but only if the Aerosim appears to not be that good, because I'm not planning to fly it *that* often. I mainly want the Tristar from the vol 2 package, and from the vol 1 package the 737 and 747-100 and -300. Then I have my Boeing line-up complete, all with Virtual cockpits.I have a question though, and I hope somebody can answer that: how is the systems modeling? I do know that at least their DC-10 has a simplified FMS of sorts, so that's nice, but I mean, I'm not that critical, but I find it nice if I can start the engines manually, pushing buttons and the like. Can I do that here, or is the only way to start the engines with ctrl-E?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case