Sign in to follow this  
Guest roddneyuk

AI not landing

Guest roddneyuk

Hi,Im using FS9, Ttools, AI Flight Creator, Afcad.I have made a new airport and have succesfully got AI to taxi and take off.However, no AI land again, they magially appear at a gate or parking only when i change the time myself.Any ideas or suggestions.Thanks.

Hi,Im using FS9, Ttools, AI Flight Creator, Afcad.I have made a new airport and have succesfully got AI to taxi and take off.However, no AI land again, they magially appear at a gate or parking only when i change the time myself.Any ideas or suggestions.Thanks.
Whenever I "test" a new airport, I make a simple "out and back" flightplan which repeats every hour - using one of the default aircraft.Then I can easily watch the entire flight which takes only 5 to 10 minutes and check to see that it all works correctly.By "out and back" I mean that the departure airport is the same as the arrival airport.Here is a sample flightplan (out and back from Dallas, Texas - Love Field):AC#1,OPAX,5%,1H,VFR,14:00:00,14:15:00,030,F,1013,KDAL,14:00:00,14:15:00,030,F,1013,KDALNote that the second leg is an exact duplicate of the first leg. FS2004 will ignore the second leg if written that way.I use the free utility from Microsoft called Traffic Toolbox to "watch" AI flights.Hope this is helpful. :( EDIT Added: Be sure to use the "Fault Finder" option (Tools) in Afcad also. It will pinpoint any broken taxiway links etc. which might cause AI not to land - assuming there is sufficient parking available and the parking spots are of the correct size.

Guest roddneyuk
Whenever I "test" a new airport, I make a simple "out and back" flightplan which repeats every hour - using one of the default aircraft.Then I can easily watch the entire flight which takes only 5 to 10 minutes and check to see that it all works correctly.By "out and back" I mean that the departure airport is the same as the arrival airport.Here is a sample flightplan (out and back from Dallas, Texas - Love Field):AC#1,OPAX,5%,1H,VFR,14:00:00,14:15:00,030,F,1013,KDAL,14:00:00,14:15:00,030,F,1013,KDALNote that the second leg is an exact duplicate of the first leg. FS2004 will ignore the second leg if written that way.I use the free utility from Microsoft called Traffic Toolbox to "watch" AI flights.Hope this is helpful. :( EDIT Added: Be sure to use the "Fault Finder" option (Tools) in Afcad also. It will pinpoint any broken taxiway links etc. which might cause AI not to land - assuming there is sufficient parking available and the parking spots are of the correct size.
Hi, thanks for the info, i will be trying it soon.I have also noticed when i land a flyable plane that ATC doesnt pick me up, e.g. i dont get a 'turn next taxiway' message, although if i accidently land off the runway i get handed over to ground.is this related to my first problem? :( Thanks Again, Dave

Hi, thanks for the info, i will be trying it soon.I have also noticed when i land a flyable plane that ATC doesnt pick me up, e.g. i dont get a 'turn next taxiway' message, although if i accidently land off the runway i get handed over to ground.is this related to my first problem? :( Thanks Again, Dave
It may be. As I suggested, be sure to run the fault finder. Little things such as taxiways not being given identfier names and/or broken links etc. can cause all kinds of strange things to happen - or not happen.Keep us posted.

Guest roddneyuk

Thanks for the info, i did get some small AI planes to 'round robin' (Cessna & RAF Typhoon) however larger planes dont yet (B-52 & A380) they have missed approach's. For this im going to make the runway longer.Thanks for the help,Dave.

It may be. As I suggested, be sure to run the fault finder. Little things such as taxiways not being given identfier names and/or broken links etc. can cause all kinds of strange things to happen - or not happen.Keep us posted.