Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Definitive answer for goflight TQ6 with pmdg products and FSX

I am seriously considering purchasing the TQ6 throttle quadrant from Go flight. Due to the expense of the product I would some feedback from anyone that actually uses the throtle quadrant with FSX not FS9. Information regarding the compatibility with 747X and MD11X using the new drivers from goflight and also mounting options to a desktop when not using the goflight racks.I know posts regarding this topic have been raised before but they tend to relate to FS9 with the throttles.Thanks in advanceAndrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I am seriously considering purchasing the TQ6 throttle quadrant from Go flight. Due to the expense of the product I would some feedback from anyone that actually uses the throtle quadrant with FSX not FS9. Information regarding the compatibility with 747X and MD11X using the new drivers from goflight and also mounting options to a desktop when not using the goflight racks.I know posts regarding this topic have been raised before but they tend to relate to FS9 with the throttles.Thanks in advanceAndrew
Bump

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I have the TQ6 and it works without problems using the PMDG 747 with FSX. Don't have the MD11. I use the GoFlight software to assign the 4 throttles and their reversers, and the spoiler(speed brake). The flaps can be assigned with the GoFlight software, however you will get better results using FSUIPC for that function. (BTW, I also use it in FS9 with no problems.) If you've done a search in this forum, the setup for FSX is not really very different from the setup one would use in FS9.Since I have a rack, can't comment on desktop mounting.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

I have the TQ6 and it works without problems using the PMDG 747 with FSX. Don't have the MD11. I use the GoFlight software to assign the 4 throttles and their reversers, and the spoiler(speed brake). The flaps can be assigned with the GoFlight software, however you will get better results using FSUIPC for that function. (BTW, I also use it in FS9 with no problems.) If you've done a search in this forum, the setup for FSX is not really very different from the setup one would use in FS9.Since I have a rack, can't comment on desktop mounting.Claude
Thanks Claude, may I ask which modules you have installed in the rack?Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Thanks Claude, may I ask which modules you have installed in the rack?Andrew
Andrew,The rack, a GF-FDC, includes two GF-T8's, GF-LGT, GF-P8, GF-RP48 and the GF-TQ6. I'd have to observe that so far I've not made much use of the RP48. Configuring the modules is relatively easy using the GoFlight software or a registered version of FSUIPC depending on what you want to assign.BTW, wouldn't call my response the "defintive" one. As I said earlier, most of my experience has been with FS9 (Leveld767 and PMDG 767) although FSX was installed shortly after it was released. It is actually a bit easier to configure the modules in FSX because PMDG increased the number of key combos for functions.Depending on what type of flying you do, I'd recommend the GoFlight modules including the MCPPro and the EFIS.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Forgive my ignorance. Which goflight software are you referring to? I thought the throttles were plug and play?Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Forgive my ignorance. Which goflight software are you referring to? I thought the throttles were plug and play?Andrew
Well the TQ6 is sort of plug and play, but you do need to download the software.GoFlight

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Hi guys,I am also very interested in getting a TQ6,BUT........... as far as I can work out, it is not possible to use their thrust reverse levers in FSUIPC.Is this correct?I am a big fan of assigning everything with FSUIPC direct (currently with my Saitek proflight range). I have been able to find out that you can us FSUIPC for all TQ6 calibrations, but can not use the reverse levers.Could anyone confirm this?ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Hi guys,I am also very interested in getting a TQ6,BUT........... as far as I can work out, it is not possible to use their thrust reverse levers in FSUIPC.Is this correct?I am a big fan of assigning everything with FSUIPC direct (currently with my Saitek proflight range). I have been able to find out that you can us FSUIPC for all TQ6 calibrations, but can not use the reverse levers.Could anyone confirm this?ThanksNeil
Neil,In my case, everything but the Flaps are set using GFConfig. The TQ6 reverse levers, mechanically, do not allow for varying reverse thrust. They work by activating a pushbutton switch (physically attached to the throttle rheostat) which means reverse thrust is either on full or off.Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Wow, I never realised that there was such a thing as 'variable' reverse thrust. Can any owner of the TQ6 confirm that the flaps and spoiler lever's have the correct amount of detents?Thanks in advance.

Keith Sandford.