Sign in to follow this  
BlakeWilliams

Kai Tak

Hi Boys,I know this mentioned elsewhere, however I did a search for Kai Tak in this forum and nothing came up. I also checked out the wiki ops section and couldnt find a solution to my problem. I just bought the Fly Tampa Kai Tak scenery, its amazing and its not as big of a hit on the FPS as I thought. Naturally, Im trying to land a 744 there and Im having issues with getting the nav data to work properly. I've made a new folder in the SidStar folder named VHHX and input the data provided in the ops section, I've added wpNavAPT information Dan Downs provided, and lastly I added the infromation to the airports section. Now when I try to load up a route, lets say RCTPVHHX, I get no errors - however there is no flight path and VHHX is the origin airport. Any ideas to why this is happening?This is with the 744.Thanks!Blake

Hi Boys,I know this mentioned elsewhere, however I did a search for Kai Tak in this forum and nothing came up. I also checked out the wiki ops section and couldnt find a solution to my problem. I just bought the Fly Tampa Kai Tak scenery, its amazing and its not as big of a hit on the FPS as I thought. Naturally, Im trying to land a 744 there and Im having issues with getting the nav data to work properly. I've made a new folder in the SidStar folder named VHHX and input the data provided in the ops section, I've added wpNavAPT information Dan Downs provided, and lastly I added the infromation to the airports section. Now when I try to load up a route, lets say RCTPVHHX, I get no errors - however there is no flight path and VHHX is the origin airport. Any ideas to why this is happening?This is with the 744.Thanks!Blake
Hi Blake, I don`t know if Fly Tampa Kai Tak includes Sids and Stars for The PMDG 747-400/ MD-11 or not , but i do know that the 9 Dragons doeshas a great readme file on how install it all its very easy to do and you will be flying Kai Tak in no time. Cheers Greg Bisset

Take a look at:http://hk.vatsea.net/fns/080705/?go=dlYou will need to add some text to a file called wpNacAPT.txt in the Nav data page. (usually FMCWP) and also in the airports.dat file in the same folder.This isn't SIDs and STARs however, just the location of the airport.These (SID/STAR/APP) should be the latest version (v9) from here:http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list....G&icao=VHHXTrent

Hi guys,Thanks for getting back to me. I did add all of those files to the correct folders in my PMDG directory. It's just odd that when I load a flightplan generated from Vroute, VHHX (which is destination airport), comes up as origin. Ah, back to trying to figure this out!Blake

Hi guys,Thanks for getting back to me. I did add all of those files to the correct folders in my PMDG directory. It's just odd that when I load a flightplan generated from Vroute, VHHX (which is destination airport), comes up as origin. Ah, back to trying to figure this out!Blake
Hi Blake, Try and enter the filght plan from scratch into the FMC this works for me. Can be a bit time consuming but doesnt cause any problems. Cheers Greg Bisset YSSY