Sign in to follow this  
Guest willum767

Rebuilding Scenery DB

Guest willum767

HiIve been trying to go the scenery db rebuilding however i really dont understand it. It says it has completed it but still have the same runways like 19L eham. I have downloaded the latest update for make runways.can any1 help with with a step by step guide to do it.ThanksPhil

HiIve been trying to go the scenery db rebuilding however i really dont understand it. It says it has completed it but still have the same runways like 19L eham. I have downloaded the latest update for make runways.can any1 help with with a step by step guide to do it.ThanksPhil
maybe you could go through step by step what you are doing. is this a widefs configuration (rc on one machine fs on another machine)? if you say yes, there is more information in the manual. page 116 of the 4.3 manual (www.jdtllc.com/v4/rcv43.pdf)if you say no, what are your answers to the next questions?what is the date of the r5.csv file in the fs root directory?jd

RC's scenery database is built from your installed scenery. Before you build your scenery database run FS and then close it to insure your FS scenery.cfg file is current with your installed scenery.Make sure the current version of makerwys.exe you acquired is installed in your FS folder where FS9.exe or FSX.exe reside.Open RC and click the Rebuild Scenery button. Answer the question regarding if you are using RC on a remote PC using WideFS. If you are not on your FS PC, then a little different procedure is required.Next put in the full path to your FS folder such as D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9. I keep my path in a text file I created in Notepad with a shortcut on the desktop. I open the file, highlight the path, drag across the text with the mouse, and hit control-c to copy it to the clipboard. I then place the cursor in the the RC box requesting the path and hit control-v to paste it in to avoid typing it in each time subjecting to errors. A rebuilding notice will pop-up and when you click OK you'll start seeing the airport scenery names being processed. When it completes, say OK to all the status messages waiting a few seconds between each until no more pop-up. RC will process all of the airport data copying and creating files it needs in its own folder. After no more messages pop-up, RC is ready to restart and use.If you are not getting your current installed airport scenery information in the controller tab of RC then it is possible you might have two many additional AFCADs with an incorrect one taking priority. Also, as I recall, AFCAD alone for FS9 can not renumber a runway in most cases. It takes special scenery files. There should be only one true AFCAD (containing runways, taxiways, etc.) beyond the default (stock) layer. You can get for FS9 AFCAD version 2.21 in the FS9 utility section of the AVSIM library to search your scenery.If the airport in question has its AFCAD file in its scenery folder, then you may have to force it to a higher priority. Search for AFCAD in this forum to locate the procedure I use.Try the normal procedure and let us know how you make out.

Guest willum767

Thanks guys i think ive sorted it out now wasnt putting the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9" in correctly and now its working :)Thanks Phil