Sign in to follow this  
Alpinekid

Aircraft Landing Lights look like balloons!

Hi everyone ...I am using a Matrox Triplehead2Go digital module spanning FSX over 3 x 22" LCD Panels ...Because it is using such a high resolution to achieve this ... the aircraft landing lights look absolutely huge!! I was having the same problem with the Runway approach lights but by editing the FSX config file by adding Runway light scaler lines I have managed to overcome the balloon like problem ..Alas .. I haven't been able to overcome this issue with the aircraft landing lights and just wanted to know if anyone here has the answer ..Thank you in advance Paul :-)

Guest Nick_N
Hi everyone ...I am using a Matrox Triplehead2Go digital module spanning FSX over 3 x 22" LCD Panels ...Because it is using such a high resolution to achieve this ... the aircraft landing lights look absolutely huge!! I was having the same problem with the Runway approach lights but by editing the FSX config file by adding Runway light scaler lines I have managed to overcome the balloon like problem ..Alas .. I haven't been able to overcome this issue with the aircraft landing lights and just wanted to know if anyone here has the answer ..Thank you in advance Paul :-)
PaulIts the scale of the lights on the file halo.bmp in your main texture folder.. they need to be physically reduced in size on the bmp image to nearly pinpoints for a Th2G and then the light scalar readjusted in the fsx.cfg file for airport lights tooI made a custom file for someone with a ThG a few months ago but I am not sure if I have the correct copy of it http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...m=1232767165/15Try this one... http://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/zip/2624.halo.zipIn the main FSX texture folder.. backup the original file halo.bmp and then unzip and place the one I made in the texture folder... see if that fixes itIt should also fix many other light scale issues with the higher resolution of the ThG

Hi Nick ...This sounds very promising .. thank you very much .. really appeciate it I will let you know how I get on :-)But .. thanks a million Paul

Thank muchly, Nick! The hand of the genius strikes again. First - 3840 x 1024 and smooth as silk - and now lights that the way they otter be. :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi NickOk .. I have now had the opportunity to try the Halo fix and it worked a treat!!! :-)Thank you very much indeed .. you are a Saviour !! Have a great Easter Cheers Paul