Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jonthedoors

Can any of you guess what aircraft this is from?

I went to Hooton Air Park, a WW1 air force base across the river from Liverpool, back in November, to make a promo video for the site (which is falling into major disrepair, unfortunately), and found this gem in Hangar 2 - the only hangar structurely sound enough to go in without a hard hat.Apparently it had been dug out of the ground by the river, or something similar. I simply can't put a name to the face though!I was wondering if anyone knew the aircraft this came from. After long debate with a friend, we've established it is not an A10, DeHavilland Vampire or P38. We can't think of anything else. ( http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i223/jon...rs/IMG_7970.jpg )What do you think?(Going around Hooton was a fantastic experience, being up close with a replica Spitfire, and Hurricane, An Avro Anson in bits and pieces, and an Auster Autocar! It's a shame the site is falling to pieces, and that a good 90% of the old runway is taken up by the Ellesmere Port Vauxhall Plant.)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like a Hawker Sea Hawk; note how the vents just before the windscreen match, as well as the shape of the windscreen supports.Sea_hawk_wv908_frontview_arp.jpg

Looks like a Hawker Sea Hawk; note how the vents just before the windscreen match, as well as the shape of the windscreen supports.Sea_hawk_wv908_frontview_arp.jpg
Well done sir! I think you've got it!!!I've been kicking myself over what it is, strained my knowledge to the limit.Thanks for clearing this up!:D