Sign in to follow this  
michal

Will FS2004 ATC know what the weather is?

I did an IFR flight into a non-ILS airport yesterday with the weather set to overcast down to a base of 1000 feet. The ATC told me to expect a visual approach , vectored me to an approximate entry point , took me down to 2000 feet and then asked me if I had the airport visual. Of course, I didn't -- so there my flight had to end IFR as the ATC would not allow me to go any lower and kept on asking me if I had visual everytime I told them that I didn't.Barry

Hi, The only information available about ATC are here:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/atc.asp-ATC detects IFR weather conditions and refuses take off and landing requests by VFR aircraft.Weather affect the AI Traffic also.-AI traffic pick up IFR clearances if the weather turns sour You can read some fs2004 preview available here:http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4.htmlThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

hi,Off the microsoft site "Enhanced traffic sequencing system " does that mean Ai aircraft wont try to land on top of each other or sort of race each other or you to the active runway? Will Atc make aircraft fly holds or hold certain speeds so they don't get to close on final? If thats true I can't wait!!!! :DAndrew

.. and this is what one preview cites:Multiple approach vectors that take into account the dynamic weather changes en-route and at your destination Michael J.