Sign in to follow this  
Flyer Ken

Perfect flight 717

Guest lawyerpilot

I know, b/c I flew the 717 full motion in Long Beach two months ago.....is it just me, or does their version look a little cartoonish for $22....The VC is pretty bad and the outside isn't anything to write home about. Did they do the screenshots on a low res monitor or with no AA?

Most of Perfect Flight's offerings leave something to be desired. I'll buy this product based on the fact that no one else has done the 717 to this degree. Besides they did include a full VC and Cabin. Maybe I'll use a 717 freeware 2D panel if there are any decent ones out there, I don't particularly care for PF's version. I'll tell you this, I wouldn't have even considered buying anymore of Perfect Flight's products if it weren't for the fact that they included a complete cabin and VC (I hope they know how to lite up the VC at night but something is telling me I'm asking for too much). I'm really hopeing the flight model will be correct this time around; at least there not trying to package sell existing freeware aircraft like before (the bird is a brand new GMAX model). You should have seen 'Fly the Mad Dog', I got burnt pretty bad on that one.They need to get ride of the guy who's building their 2D panels. I could deal with their work a whole lot better if the 2D panels were up to par... They could hire me to do the panels. We have too many freeware guys in the world which they could pay to do some great work for them...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest oyvindhansen

As far as I can see the the cockpit uses the default 777 gauges that has nothing to do in a payware in this price range. I will definitely pass on this and save my money for something better, like the PMDG 737. It seems like anything goes on the payware scene these days.- Oyvind

Well, I've got to give Perfect Flight Credit, this looks like the best product they've done so far. The exterior model isn't bad, the VC is pretty good, and the 2D is usable. At least there's no ugly photo background like some panels have. Sometimes, it's worth it to pay money for a panel like this since there's nothing better out there for freeware.Just my two cents,MarcMarc Gibsonhttp://www.freewebs.com/flightsimcfi/http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Maybe, use the panel with CSi's 717? :)Perhaps we'll see Bill Grabowski's 717 panel soon???

BobK

Looks good, but I will stick with Nathan Tenney's 717v2 (his plane is freeware)

Guest cw1011

I don't see an FMC - a pretty important part of a commercial jetliner glass cockpit.

Guest ba747heavy

I agree with the FMC thing.

Me too on the FMC. The boing 717 is a modern aircraft, I don't know, but I'd be surprised if you could get one without an FMC. Of course, Reality XP's upcoming Jetline avionics will solve that problem for good - you can put an FMC into anything. In anycase, I too am waiting for the PMDG 737NG.

I've just uploaded my B717 panel. Though created originally for my exclusive use, decided to share it with the FS community from where I have derived so much enternaintment. Still, this isn't a critique against other commercial and freeware panels. To each its own.The panel should be available here and elsewhere shortly.Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Thanks so much for the 717 panel. I'll use this with the Perfect Flight 717 when it's released....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2